Now accepting applications for Fall! Apply by 7/31/20. (Application fees waived for Fall 2020.)
Discover the Difference
Between MSW Programs
Advanced Clinical Specialization
vs. Advanced Generalist
Advanced clinical practice specializations prepare students for practice in the highest level behavioral health and health care organizations, and public and private agencies, working as members of comprehensive multi- and interdisciplinary treatment teams.
Apply for an Advanced Clinical MSW at LLU
Advanced generalist programs are designed to provide a broad understanding of direct practice in micro and macro social work settings.
3 MSW Program Options--Which one is right for you?
- Traditional On-Campus MSW Program with 2-, 3-, and 4-year options
- Online MSW Hybrid Program for working individuals and distance learners
- Advanced Standing MSW Program for BSW students
The Loma Linda University MSW program is now in its third decade of training advanced clinical practitioners in social work. Our graduates are leaders in the field and are recognized for contributions toward improving quality of life for consumers and refining the functioning of systems to meet the needs of the community.
My experience at Loma Linda University was a calling from God. My education made sense of my entire life in hindsight.
The faculty and staff of the LLU Department of Social Work and Social Ecology were instrumental in my educational and professional growth, teaching me to always be true to myself, be kind to others, and have integrity in my practice.
At a Glance
- Fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- All program options include 29 academic units of advanced clinical specialization and a 1-year clinical practicum
- Available as a dual master's degree with either Gerontology or Criminal Justice (emphasis in Forensic Mental Health)
- Certificate in Play Therapy also available
- Small class size with diverse students and faculty for maximum learning experience, along with embedded professional self-care
- Specialized content in working with active duty military and veterans
- Christian environment emphasizing integrated learning and compassionate whole person care
- Successful completion rate of over 98%
- Preferred employment interviewing within Loma Linda University Health upon graduation