The Loma Linda University MSW Advanced Standing Program emphasizes the biopsychosocial-spiritual approach to advanced clinical social work practice in behavioral health institutions and agencies. Students gain expertise in cutting-edge and evidence-based trauma- and resiliency-informed interventions that support prevention, early intervention, diagnosis, and treatment of children, adolescents, and adults. Experiential learning through Loma Linda University Health's internationally recognized health system and specialized community agencies provide students with advanced learning opportunities in integrated behavioral health, inpatient care, and global practice settings.
A whole-person care approach is utilized to promote wellness for individuals and families. The program is based on the institutional and professional values of compassion, integrity, excellence, freedom, and justice.
The Loma Linda University MSW Program is specifically designed to provide you with:
- a meaningful career as a clinical social worker;
- required courses needed for LCSW licensure;
- preparation for advanced community and global practice within a diversity of behavioral health settings; and
- preparation for clinical and administrative leadership in behavioral health.
On-Campus Program Information:
- 53 quarter units (equivalent to 35 semester units)*
- Summer classes begin mid-July, allowing time following BSW graduation and approximately one month before beginning the MSW program
- 800 hours of practicum, including one bridging quarter integrating BSW experiences with the expectations of the advanced clinical practice practicum
- 1- and 2-year options
- Core courses taught on Tuesdays and Thursdays (except for summer), with practicum on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- 1-year MSW Advanced Standing Program cost, including a $11,620 scholarship, of $37,815 (tuition and fees)†‡
- Work-study available to qualified students in the amount of $9,500
- Specialization in Clinical Practice
- Sample 1-year curriculum plan available here
- See MSW Student Handbook for specific information regarding our Advanced Standing policies
- Accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) since 1995
*Course waivers must be a B or better and equivalent in regard to depth and breadth of our MSW courses.
†Costs are shown at the 2019-2020 tuition and fee rate. Annual rates may vary by 1-3%.
‡Please note that our total program cost includes all tuition and fees with the exception of books. When comparing programs, it is important to consider all costs, as many programs only post tuition costs without the associated fees.