At a Glance
- 1-year (part-time), fully online program
- Completion of 13 academic units
- $4,500 flat rate for entire certificate program
- Faculty mentoring and support available
- Christian environment emphasizing compassionate whole person care
Program Director: Kimberly R. Freeman, PhD
Applicants must meet the admission requirements as follows:
- A fully completed LLU application form.
- A graduate with a licensable mental health degree from an accredited university. (Official transcripts are evidence of degrees and courses completed.) Individuals already licensed as a mental health professional must be in good standing with the relevant licensing board.
- Consideration for admission will be given to individuals in the process of completing a licensable mental health graduate degree from an accredited university. Applicant must be in good academic standing and have permission from their current program to enroll.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from an academic source, professional peer, and/or a work supervisor.
Length of Program: 4 academic quarters—based on part-time enrollment
- PLTH 513 Introduction to Play Therapy (3 units)
- PLTH 516 Child-Centered Play Therapy (3 units)
- PLTH 546 Child-Parent Relationship Therapy (3 units)
- PLTH 550 Trauma Focused Play Therapy (3 units)
- RELE 5xx Bioethics: Working with Children (1 unit)
Flat rate of $4,500.00 for the entire Play Therapy Certificate program. Payment can be divided over the 4 quarters of the program.