- Great news for students admitted for the 2024-2025 academic year! You'll receive a $10,000 tuition waiver spread across your program. Individuals who qualify for Federal Work Study may be able to receive an additional $18,511 to put toward the cost of their education (payroll taxes apply). Check our Scholarships page for more funding options.
- Now accepting applications for Fall 2024! Apply by 2/15/24. All application fees currently waived.
- This program is open only to applicants residing within the United States.
- This in-person program incorporates a blend of traditional classroom experiences and some online courses to provide students with a versatile learning environment.
The Loma Linda University MSW program emphasizes the biopsychosocial-spiritual approach to advanced clinical social work practice in behavioral health institutions and agencies. Students gain expertise in cutting-edge and evidence-based trauma- and resiliency-informed interventions that support prevention, early intervention, diagnosis, and treatment of children, adolescents, and adults. Experiential learning through Loma Linda University Health's internationally recognized health system and specialized community agencies provide students with advanced learning opportunities in integrated behavioral health, inpatient care, and global practice settings.
A whole-person care approach is utilized to promote wellness for individuals and families. The program is based on the institutional and professional values of compassion, integrity, excellence, freedom, and justice.
The Loma Linda University MSW program is specifically designed to provide you with:
- a meaningful career as a clinical social worker;
- required courses needed for LCSW licensure;
- preparation for advanced community and global practice within a diversity of behavioral health settings; and
- preparation for clinical and administrative leadership in behavioral health.
On-Campus Program Information:
- 78 quarter units (equivalent to 52 semester units)
- 1080 hours of practicum, including one year of generalist practice and one year of advanced clinical practice
- 2-, 3-, and 4-year program options (see curriculum guides)
- Core courses taught on Tuesdays and Thursdays with practicum on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- $10,000 scholarship for qualified students
- Work-study available to qualified students in the amount of $18,511
- Specialization in clinical practice
- Accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
*When comparing programs, it is important to consider all costs, as many programs only post tuition costs without the associated fees.
Play Therapy or Drug & Alcohol Counseling Certificate
Students joining the MSW degree program in the Department of Social Work and Social Ecology have an opportunity to obtain a certificate in either Play Therapy or Drug and Alcohol Counseling at no additional tuition cost. Please note that these units do not contribute towards the student's primary degree program.
The dual master's in Social Work and Criminal Justice has given me the tools to harness my passion for change, specifically in working with populations most at risk by overwhelming systematic interactions, such as those interacting with the justice system. Eventually I hope to work collaboratively for change towards a more equitable and compassionate system, where our clients are truly seen for who they are rather than what they did. The MSW/CJ degree allowed me, a lifelong learner, to feel like I found my people.