Welcome from the Chair
► Now accepting applications for Fall! Apply by 7/15/20.
► Application fees waived for Fall 2020.
► Online Info Sessions
The Loma Linda University Department of Social Work and Social Ecology is well-known and respected for excellence in academic and professional programs, providing advanced coursework in evidence-based, resiliency-informed practice, and translational research. Specially we provide a Christian environment emphasizing whole-person care from a biopsychosocial-spiritual perspective; opportunities for interdisciplinary learning, within LLU and at external practicum sites; personal mentoring through student to faculty ratios of 10:1 for master's programs and 5:1 for doctoral programs; a comprehensive system of behavioral health and medical care; and experiential learning opportunities in behavioral health in the areas of mental health, child welfare, criminal justice, gerontology, medical social work, policy, and school counseling.
- #1 Advanced Clinical Social Work Program in a faith-based university in California
- Program described by a local government representative as the "platinum MSW program in the region"
- International internship now available in Samoa
- Embedded curriculum for practice with active duty military and veterans
- MSW student from 2018 recognized as recipient of the NASW Student of the Year by NASW's Region F
- MSW program alumna honored by NASW's Region F as Social Worker of the Year (2018)
- Loma Linda Phi Alpha Honor Society, Iota Pi Chapter has received numerous national awards for its philanthropic and community service programs, and has the distinction of being the only chapter in the United States to receive all four of the annual awards given out by the national Phi Alpha Honor Society in the same year
- MSW students are actively engaged in global service around the world (Cuba, Thailand, Angola, Bolivia, Nepal, and more) through experiences offered annually by the University through Students in Mission Service