Welcome from the Chair
- Great news for students admitted for the 2024-2025 academic year! You'll receive a $10,000 tuition waiver spread across your program. Individuals who qualify for Federal Work Study can also get an extra $18,511 to put toward tuition (payroll taxes apply). Check our Scholarships page for more funding options.
- Now accepting online and on-campus MSW applications for Fall 2024! Apply by 2/15/24. All application fees currently waived.
The Loma Linda University Department of Social Work and Social Ecology is well-known and respected for excellence in academic and professional programs, providing advanced coursework in evidence-based, resiliency-informed practice, and translational research.
We provide a Christian environment emphasizing whole-person care from a biopsychosocial-spiritual perspective; opportunities for interdisciplinary learning, within LLU and at external practicum sites; personal mentoring through student to faculty ratios of 10:1 for master's programs and 5:1 for doctoral programs; a comprehensive system of behavioral health and medical care; and experiential learning opportunities in behavioral health in the areas of mental health, child welfare, criminal justice, gerontology, medical social work, and policy.
- #1 Advanced Clinical Social Work Program in a faith-based university in California
- Program described by a local government representative as the "platinum MSW program in the region"
- Embedded curriculum for practice with active-duty military and veterans
- Loma Linda Phi Alpha Honor Society, Iota Pi Chapter has received numerous national awards for its philanthropic and community service programs, and has the distinction of being the only chapter in the United States to receive all four of the annual awards given out by the national Phi Alpha Honor Society in the same year
- MSW students are actively engaged in global service around the world (Cuba, Thailand, Angola, Bolivia, Nepal, and more) through experiences offered annually by the University through Students for International Mission Service