Welcome from the Chair
The Loma Linda University Department of Social Work and Social Ecology is well-known and respected for excellence in academic and professional programs, providing advanced coursework in evidence-based, resiliency-informed practice, and translational research. Specially we provide a Christian environment emphasizing whole-person care from a biopsychosocialspiritual perspective; opportunities for interdisciplinary learning, within LLU and at external practicum sites; personal mentoring through student to faculty ratios of 10:1 for master's programs and 5:1 for doctoral programs; a comprehensive system of behavioral health and medical care; and experiential learning opportunities in behavioral health in the areas of mental health, child welfare, criminal justice, gerontology, medical social work, policy, and school counseling.
- #1 Advanced Clinical Social Work Program in a faith-based university in California.
- Graduating MSW student recognized as the recipient of the NASW Student of the Year by NASW’s Region F.
- An Alumna of the MSW Program was honored by NASW’s Region F as the Social Worker of the Year.
- The Loma Linda MSW Program Phi Alpha Honor Society is the recipient of numerous national awards for its philanthropic and community service programs, including the distinction as the only chapter in the United States to receive all four of the annual awards given out by the national Phi Alpha Honor Society in the same year.
- MSW students are actively engaged in global service around the world. Students can choose from among the over 30 mission and global practice experiences offered annually by the University through Students in Mission Service
- The MSW Program is described by local government representatives as the “platinum MSW program in the region”
- Local government representatives recommend our MSW Program as the “only MSW program to attend if someone wants to truly become a clinical social worker”
For admissions information, please contact us:
Location 1898 Business Center Drive, San Bernardino, CA 92408