The Loma Linda University MSW Program emphasizes the biopsychosocial-spiritual approach to advanced clinical social work practice in behavioral health institutions and agencies. Students gain expertise in cutting-edge and evidence-based trauma- and resiliency-informed interventions that support prevention, early intervention, diagnosis, and treatment of children, adolescents, and adults. Experiential learning through Loma Linda University Health's internationally recognized health system and specialized community agencies provide students with advanced learning opportunities in integrated behavioral health, inpatient care, and global practice settings.
A whole-person care approach is utilized to promote wellness for individuals and families. The program is based on the institutional and professional values of compassion, integrity, excellence, freedom, and justice.
The Loma Linda University MSW Program is specifically designed to provide you with:
- a meaningful career as a clinical social worker;
- required courses needed for LCSW licensure;
- preparation for advanced community and global practice within a diversity of behavioral health settings; and
- preparation for clinical and administrative leadership in behavioral health.
On-Campus Program Information:
- 78 quarter units (equivalent to 52 semester units)
- 1080 hours of practicum, including one year of generalist practice and one year of advanced clinical practice
- 2-, 3-, and 4-year program options
- Core courses taught on Tuesdays and Thursdays with practicum on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- 2-year, full-time MSW Program cost, including a $10,000 scholarship for qualified students, of $64,285 (tuition and fees)*†
- Work-study available to qualified students in the amount of $17,000
- Specialization in Clinical Practice
- Sample 2-, 3-, and 4-year curriculum plans available here
- Accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) since 1995
*Costs are shown at the 2019-2020 tuition and fee rate. Annual rates may vary by 1-3%.
†Please note that our total program cost includes all tuition and fees with the exception of books. When comparing programs, it is important to consider all costs, as many programs only post tuition costs without the associated fees.