Make a Difference: Social Work Scholarships Now Available!
Are you ready to make a difference in your community and help improve the lives of underserved populations? Then look no further than our MSW program and scholarship, proudly funded by the Department of Health Care Access and Information (HCAI).
As part of this exciting initiative, we are offering 5 full-time on-campus and 5 part-time online full tuition and book scholarships to individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Applicants should be from diverse and underserved backgrounds, be dedicated to giving back to their community, and have a strong understanding of the unique challenges faced by these populations.
- Individuals with personal or family experience with mental health or substance use disorders are encouraged to apply, as we believe that firsthand experience can be an asset in the field of social work.
- Our program is committed to empowering our graduates to make a positive impact in underserved communities, particularly children and youth under 25. Applicants should share this commitment and be eager to work toward this important goal.
This is a fantastic opportunity to receive a top-notch education in social work, while also making a real impact in your community. Our program is designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills, and hands-on experience you need to become an effective and compassionate social worker, capable of addressing the unique needs of underserved populations.
With our full tuition and book scholarship, you can pursue your education without worrying about financial barriers. We believe that everyone deserves access to quality education, regardless of their background or financial situation. So, if you're ready to make a positive difference in the world, apply for our MSW program and scholarship today. We can't wait to see the great things you'll accomplish!
Must be submitted in addition to your MSW application. Scholarship applications submitted without a completed MSW application will not be reviewed.
June 30, 2023
Please complete the following essay questions and submit to Ruth Browder, Director of Admissions, at email@example.com.
- What inspired you to pursue a degree in social work?
- Describe your background and involvement in your community. What have you learned from these experiences?
- How do you plan to use your education to make a positive impact in underserved communities, particularly children and youth under 25?
- Describe any personal or family experience with mental health or substance use disorders, and how this has influenced your decision to pursue social work.
- How would receiving this scholarship help you achieve your academic and career goals?
Review Process and Notification of Awardees
Once received, applications will be individually reviewed by the Admissions Committee and selected based on the alignment of applicants statements and goals with the HCAI grant aims and academic potential. Priority will be given to applicants currently living in underserved communities and dedicated to remaining in these communities following the completion of their MSW degree.
Awardees will be notified via email by the department following acceptance into the MSW program no later July 31, 2023 for fall admission. Current Loma Linda University MSW students are not eligible.