Make a Difference: Social Work Scholarships Now Available!
Are you ready to make a difference in your community and help improve the lives of underserved populations? Then look no further than our MSW program and scholarship, proudly funded by the Department of Health Care Access and Information (HCAI).
- Applicants should be from diverse and underserved backgrounds, be dedicated to giving back to their community, and have a strong understanding of the unique challenges faced by these populations.
- Individuals with personal or family experience with mental health or substance use disorders are encouraged to apply, as we believe that firsthand experience can be an asset in the field of social work.
- Our program is committed to empowering our graduates to make a positive impact in underserved communities, particularly children and youth under 25. Applicants should share this commitment and be eager to work toward this important goal.
This is a fantastic opportunity to receive a top-notch education in social work, while also making a real impact in your community. Our program is designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills, and hands-on experience you need to become an effective and compassionate social worker, capable of addressing the unique needs of underserved populations.
With our full tuition and book scholarship, you can pursue your education without worrying about financial barriers. We believe that everyone deserves access to quality education, regardless of their background or financial situation. So, if you're ready to make a positive difference in the world, apply for our MSW program and scholarship today. We can't wait to see the great things you'll accomplish!
Must be submitted in addition to your completed MSW application. Scholarship applications submitted without a completed MSW application file (including references, transcripts, and all other required items) will not be reviewed. You must also be accepted and confirmed into the MSW program in order to be eligible for the scholarship. Use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to construct answers is not permitted as we are looking for genuine and personalized responses.
February 15, 2024
Please complete the following essay questions and submit to Ruth Browder, SBH Director of Admissions, at email@example.com.
- What inspired you to pursue a degree in social work?
- Describe your background and involvement in your community. What have you learned from these experiences?
- How do you plan to use your education to make a positive impact in underserved communities, particularly children and youth under 25?
- Describe any personal or family experience with mental health or substance use disorders, and how this has influenced your decision to pursue social work.
- Please describe your professional interest and career goals for the next five years. What would be your ideal position? Which issues, populations, and settings most interest you? What do you hope your professional engagement with those issues, populations, and settings will look like five years after graduation?
Review Process and Notification of Awardees
Once received, eligible applicants will be reviewed by the Selection Committee. Awardees will be selected based on the alignment of applicants statements and goals with the HCAI grant aims and academic potential. Priority will be given to applicants currently living in underserved communities and dedicated to remaining in these communities following the completion of their MSW degree.*
Awardees will be notified via email by the department no later April 15, 2024 for Fall admission. Current Loma Linda University MSW students are not eligible.
*In situations where a student is found to be deceptive in their commitment to the purpose and goals of the grant, the scholarship award will be rescinded.