Programs and Degrees
► Weekly online info sessions: Mondays from 6-7pm
With a rich history of behavioral health education stretching back to the 1950s, the Counseling and Family Sciences department offers multiple master's and doctoral programs emphasizing whole-person care within a Christian environment. Both the MFT and the DMFT are COAMFTE-accredited.
- MS Child Life Specialist
- MS Counseling
- MS Marital and Family Therapy
- Doctor of Marital and Family Therapy (DMFT) (Online, pending COAMFTE approval)
- PhD Systems, Families, and Couples
- Certificate in Drug and Alcohol Counseling (Online)
- Certificate in School Counseling
Our two fully APA-accredited clinical psychology programs offer a combination of traditional and innovative training opportunities. The clinical psychology programs are: (1) the PhD program which follows the traditional scientist-practitioner model, and (2) the PsyD program which follows the practitioner-scholar model and places greater emphasis on clinical practice.
► Scholarships available for all incoming students
The Loma Linda University Department of Social Work and Social Ecology is well-known and respected for excellence in academic and professional programs, providing advanced coursework in evidence-based, resiliency-informed practice, and translational research.
- MS Criminal Justice
- MS Gerontology
- MSW Social Work (Online and on-campus options)
- PhD Social Policy and Social Research
Programs under the Division of Interdisciplinary Studies are considered areas of study that are applicable to all of the behavioral health professions. As such, these programs bring together the collective academic and clinical expertise of all of the departments in the School of Behavioral Health.
- MS/Doctor of Marital and Family Therapy (DMFT)
- MSW Social Work/MS Criminal Justice
- MSW Social Work/MS Gerontology
Note: Dual degrees require separate applications to both programs.
Research, Education and Health-Service Institutes
- Behavioral Health Institute
- Global Health Institute
- Institute for Community Partnerships
- The Institute of Lifestyle Medicine