Programs and Degrees
- Due to issues associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, the GRE General Test is waived for all 2021-2022 applicants to doctoral programs in the School of Behavioral Health. Please do not submit GRE scores through ETS or report your scores in any application materials as they will not be taken into consideration.
- Out of respect to individual challenges related to COVID-19, we have chosen to hold our tuition steady for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Apply now: All application fees currently waived!
Department of Counseling and Family Sciences
With a rich history of behavioral health education stretching back to the 1950s, the Counseling and Family Sciences department offers multiple master's and doctoral programs emphasizing whole-person care within a Christian environment. Both the MFT and the DMFT are COAMFTE-accredited.
- The Marital & Family Therapy MS degree is now offered online, beginning Fall 2021! (Campus-based program still available.)
Department of Psychology
Our two fully APA-accredited clinical psychology programs offer a combination of traditional and innovative training opportunities. The clinical psychology programs are: (1) the PhD program which follows the traditional scientist-practitioner model, and (2) the PsyD program which follows the practitioner-scholar model and places greater emphasis on clinical practice.
Department of Social Work and Social Ecology
The Loma Linda University Department of Social Work and Social Ecology is well-known and respected for excellence in academic and professional programs, providing advanced coursework in evidence-based, resiliency-informed practice, and translational research.
Division of Interdisciplinary Studies
Programs under the Division of Interdisciplinary Studies are considered areas of study that are applicable to all of the behavioral health professions. As such, these programs bring together the collective academic and clinical expertise of all of the departments in the School of Behavioral Health.
- Counseling (MS) with Marital and Family Therapy (MS) with Drug and Alcohol Counseling (Certificate)
- Social Work (MSW Hybrid or On-Campus) with Criminal Justice (MS)
- Social Work (MSW Hybrid or On-Campus) with Gerontology (MS)
Note: Dual degrees require separate applications to both programs.
Research, Education, and Health-Service Institutes
- Behavioral Health Institute
- Global Health Institute
- Institute for Community Partnerships
- Institute for Health Policy and Leadership
- Institute of Lifestyle Medicine