Program Director, Counseling MS, Drug and Alcohol Counseling Certificate, & School Counseling Certificate
Director, LLU Counseling and Family Sciences Clinic
Assistant Professor, Counseling and Family Sciences
Behavioral Health Institute, Office 2214
1686 Barton Rd., Redlands, CA 92373
Degrees and Certifications
- MS, Counseling - California State University, Fullerton, 1983
Areas of Specialization
- Substance use treatment
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
Professional Memberships and Licenses
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Clinical Fellow/Approved Supervisor, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- Clinical Member, California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- ASIST training. September 13-14, 2017. Riverside County Department of Public Health. Riverside, CA.
- "The ASIST Model: Intervening with Suicidal Clients." March 2, 2017. LLUH Homecoming. Loma Linda, CA.
- "Emotional Intelligence: The Final Frontier." Co-presented with Lauren Foster, Lana Kerr, and Stefany Cahyadi. January 18, 2017. BHi Shares Lecture Series. Redlands, CA.
- "Mindfulness Activities for Medical Student Wellness." September 29, 2016. Randall Visitor’s Center, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA.
- "Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction." October 27, 2016. Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA.
- "How to Mend Broken Relationships." WellnessLIVE presentation. July 27, 2016. Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA. (View.)
- "The BBS, Supervisees, and You: What You Need to Know About Changes to the Requirements." Inland Empire Chapter, California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists. March 25, 2016.
- The Stephen Center "Widowed: Finding Your Way" Conference. April 23, 2016. Presentation to widows and widowers about how to address death, loss, and grief with children. Bethel AME Church, Fontana, CA.
- Inland Empire Chapter, California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists. March 25, 2016. Presentation on recent changes to licensure law for MFTs. San Bernardino, CA.
- Val Verde Unified School District Family Engagement Center (FEC) Foster-Kinship Parenting Support Program, coordination of agreement establishing this program (2016)
- Youth Hope, coordination of services and supervision of students (2012-present)
- Camp Good Grief, conduct parents' meetings (2008-present)