Program Director, Drug and Alcohol Counseling Certificate
Director, LLU Counseling and Family Sciences Clinic
Assistant Professor, Counseling and Family Sciences
Behavioral Health Institute, Office 2214
1686 Barton Rd., Redlands, CA 92373
Degrees and Certifications
- MS, Counseling - California State University, Fullerton, 1983
Areas of Specialization
- Substance use treatment
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
Professional Memberships and Licenses
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Clinical Fellow/Approved Supervisor, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- Clinical Member, California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- ASIST training. September 13-14, 2017. Riverside County Department of Public Health. Riverside, CA.
- "The ASIST Model: Intervening with Suicidal Clients." March 2, 2017. LLUH Homecoming. Loma Linda, CA.
- "Emotional Intelligence: The Final Frontier." Co-presented with Lauren Foster, Lana Kerr, and Stefany Cahyadi. January 18, 2017. BHi Shares Lecture Series. Redlands, CA.
- "Mindfulness Activities for Medical Student Wellness." September 29, 2016. Randall Visitor’s Center, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA.
- "Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction." October 27, 2016. Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA.
- "How to Mend Broken Relationships." WellnessLIVE presentation. July 27, 2016. Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA. (View.)
- "The BBS, Supervisees, and You: What You Need to Know About Changes to the Requirements." Inland Empire Chapter, California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists. March 25, 2016.
- The Stephen Center "Widowed: Finding Your Way" Conference. April 23, 2016. Presentation to widows and widowers about how to address death, loss, and grief with children. Bethel AME Church, Fontana, CA.
- Inland Empire Chapter, California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists. March 25, 2016. Presentation on recent changes to licensure law for MFTs. San Bernardino, CA.
- Val Verde Unified School District Family Engagement Center (FEC) Foster-Kinship Parenting Support Program, coordination of agreement establishing this program (2016)
- Youth Hope, coordination of services and supervision of students (2012-present)
- Camp Good Grief, conduct parents' meetings (2008-present)