Assistant Professor, Counseling and Family Sciences
Department of Counseling and Family Sciences
Loma Linda University, Griggs Hall, Office 203
11065 Campus St., Loma Linda, CA 92350
Degrees and Certifications
- PhD, Marriage and Family Therapy - Kansas State University, 2015
- MS, Applied Family and Child Studies, Specialization in Marriage and Family Therapy - Northern Illinois University, 2012
- MDiv, Specialization in Family Life - Andrews University, 2009
- Certificate, Family Life Education - Kansas State University, 2014
Areas of Specialization
- Structural equation modeling
- Qualitative research
- Bowen family systems
- Family violence
- Military families
Professional Licenses and Memberships
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Kansas, #2463
- National Council on Family Relations (NCFR), Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE)
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT), Student Member, #133813
- National Council on Family Relations (NCFR), Student Member, #1178441
- Kansas Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (KAMFT), Student Member
- Cafferky, B., Mendez, M., Anderson, J., & Stith, S. (2018). Substance use and intimate partner violence: A meta-analytic review. Psychology of Violence, 8(1), 110-131.
- Spencer, S., Mallory, A., Cafferky, B., Kimmes, J., Beck, A., & Stith, S. (2018). Mental health factors and intimate partner violence perpetration and victimization: A meta-analysis. Psychology of Violence.
- Yelim, N. Mostofi. S., Alido, A., Nwosu, J, Herman, S. & Cafferky, B (2018, May). Qualitative Interviews Support Quantitative Results of Parental Engagement Influencing Adolescent Psychosocial Distress. Western Psychological Association.
- Mostofi. S., Alido, A., Nwosu, J, Herman, S. & Cafferky, B (2018, May) Stage Two Outpatient Adolescent Recovery Program. Western Psychological Association.
- Lister, Z., Macias, K., Johansson, A., & Cafferky, B. (2018, March). Physical Disability and Health Risk Markers for Elder Maltreatment: A Meta-analysis. Paper Session at the annual International Family Therapy Association conference. Bangkok, Thailand.
- Institute for Health and Security of Military Families (2012-2014)
- Operation Support Our Troops America (2011-2012)
- Feed My Starving Children (2010-2012)