At a Glance
- 6-year program (including internship)
- APA-accredited* program
- Scientist-practitioner model placing equal emphasis on research and practice, with optional professional concentration areas in health psychology, clinical child psychology, and neuropsychology
- One-on-one academic, research, and clinical mentoring in a highly respected health care setting
- Practicum experiences within multidisciplinary settings, including LLU-affiliated and non-LLU practicum sites
- Christian environment emphasizing integrated learning and whole person care
As an APA-accredited program, the program adheres to the Standards of Accreditation for Health Service Psychology. Therefore, "Student Admissions, Outcomes, and Other Data" are made available for examination by the public, current students, and students who may consider applying to the program.
About the Program
The PhD program (APA-Accredited) in clinical psychology at Loma Linda University provides a unique environment for professional training. Loma Linda University Medical Center is the largest medical facility in the Inland Empire, and our scientist-practitioner training program allows students to receive training that emphasizes health psychology, spirituality, and health across the life-span. The program has a firm foundation in research but also provides unique clinical experiences in a wide array of community, practice, and medical settings. Students are encouraged to develop an emphasis in at least one area of professional concentration, including clinical health psychology, clinical child, neuroscience & neuropsychology, social cultural behavioral health. Students may develop other areas in consultation with their academic advisor.
*Questions related to the program’s accredited status should be directed to the Commission on Accreditation: Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation
American Psychological Association
750 1st Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002
Phone 202-336-5979 / Email firstname.lastname@example.org