I am truly grateful to be part of the Clinical Psychology PhD program at Loma Linda University. The faculty genuinely want to see the students succeed and I feel genuinely cared for. My experience thus far has been a dream come true.
At a Glance
- 6-year program (including internship)
- APA-accredited* program
- Scientist-practitioner model placing equal emphasis on research and practice, with optional professional concentrations available
- One-on-one academic, research, and clinical mentoring in a highly respected health care setting
- Practicum experiences within multidisciplinary settings, including LLU-affiliated and non-LLU practicum sites
- Embedded curriculum for practice with a broad range of patient populations (e.g., children, adults, couples, families, military members, veterans, medically ill, substance use) across a variety of settings (e.g., general, private, forensic, and VA hospitals; university/college counseling centers, community mental health centers)
- Embedded curriculum for practice with active-duty military and veterans
- Christian environment emphasizing integrated learning and compassionate whole person care
- Embedded professional self-care
As an APA-accredited program, the program adheres to the Standards of Accreditation for Health Service Psychology. Therefore, Student Admissions, Outcomes, and Other Data are made available for examination by the public, current students, and students who may consider applying to the program.
About the Program
The PhD program (APA-Accredited) in clinical psychology at Loma Linda University provides a unique environment for professional training. Loma Linda University Medical Center is the largest medical facility in the Inland Empire, and our scientist-practitioner training program allows students to receive training that emphasizes health psychology, spirituality, and health across the life-span. The program has a firm foundation in research but also provides unique clinical experiences in a wide array of community, practice, and medical settings. Students are encouraged to develop an emphasis in at least one area of professional concentration. Students may develop other areas in consultation with their academic advisor.
- 2023-24 PhD Student Handbook (PDF)
- 2023-24 PhD Timeline (PDF)
- 2023-24 PhD Degree Checksheet (PDF)
- Student Admissions, Outcomes, and Other Data (PDF)
*Questions related to the program’s accredited status should be directed to the Commission on Accreditation: Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation
American Psychological Association
750 1st Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002
Phone 202-336-5979 / Email email@example.com