I am truly grateful to be part of the Clinical Psychology PhD program at Loma Linda University. The faculty genuinely want to see the students succeed and I feel genuinely cared for. My experience thus far has been a dream come true.
At a Glance
- 6-year program (including internship)
- APA-accredited* program
- Scientist-practitioner model placing equal emphasis on research and practice, with optional professional concentrations available
- One-on-one academic, research, and clinical mentoring in a highly respected health care setting
- Practicum experiences within multidisciplinary settings, including LLU-affiliated and non-LLU practicum sites
- Embedded curriculum for practice with a broad range of patient populations (e.g., children, adults, couples, families, military members, veterans, medically ill, substance use) across a variety of settings (e.g., general, private, forensic, and VA hospitals; university/college counseling centers, community mental health centers)
- Embedded curriculum for practice with active-duty military and veterans
- Christian environment emphasizing integrated learning and compassionate whole person care
- Embedded professional self-care
As an APA-accredited program, the program adheres to the Standards of Accreditation for Health Service Psychology. Therefore, Student Admissions, Outcomes, and Other Data are made available for examination by the public, current students, and students who may consider applying to the program.