Director of Clinical Training, PhD Program
Department of Psychology
Loma Linda University, Central Building, Apt. 3
11130 Anderson St., Loma Linda, CA 92350
- PhD, Psychology - University of Indiana, Bloomington, 2006
Areas of Specialization
- Serious mental illness (focus on schizophrenia and bipolar disorder)
- Clinical neuropsychology
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Resiliency, self-efficacy, overall health, and well-being in serious mental illness
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Psychosis (CBTp)
Current Research Projects
Professional Licenses and Memberships
- Registered Clinical Psychologist (British Columbia, Canada)
- Society for Psychophysiological Research (SPR)
- Society for Research in Psychopathology (SRP)
- Canadian Psychological Association (CPA)
- EEG and Clinical Neuroscience Society (ECNS)
- Brooks, G.A., Brenner, C.A. (2018). Is there a common vulnerability in cannabis phenomenology and schizotypy? The role of the N170 ERP. Schizophrenia Research, 197; 444-450.
- Brenner, C.A. (2019, April). Resting State EEG in Cannabis Users and those High on Schizotypal Traits. Presented at the 99th Annual Meeting for the Western Psychological Association; Pasadena, California.
- Kolahi, Y., Sanders, K., Brenner, C.A. (April 2018). The Relationship Between Resting EEG and Cognition in Schizophrenia. Presented at the 98th Annual Meeting for the Western Psychological Association; Portland, Oregon (refereed abstract).
- Brenner, C.A. (April 2018) Is There a Common Vulnerability in Cannabis Phenomenology and Schizotypy? The Role of the N170 ERP. Presented at the 98th Annual Meeting for the Western Psychological Association; Portland, Oregon.