Associate Professor, Department of Psychology
Department of Psychology
Loma Linda University, Central Building, Office 117
11130 Anderson St., Loma Linda, CA 92350
Degrees and Certifications
- PhD, Clinical Psychology - University of California, Los Angeles, 2011
- MA, Psychology - University of California, Los Angeles, 2007
Areas of Specialization
- Developmental psychology
- Childhood disorder (emphasis on intellectual disabilities, autism, and disruptive behavior disorders)
- Parenting and family processes
- Treatment outcome research (focus on mindfulness approaches)
Professional Memberships and Licenses
- California Board of Psychology Licensed Psychologist #26308
- International Association for the Scientific Study of Intellectual Disabilities
- American Psychological Association
- Division 33 - Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Division 53 - Clinical Child Psychology
- American Association for Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Association of Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies
- Society for Research on Adolescents
- Society for Research on Child Development
- McIntyre, L. L., & Neece, C. L. (2016). Parent training. In N. S. Singh (Ed.), Handbook of evidence-based practices in intellectual disabilities and developmental disabilities (pp. 467– 492). Switzerland: Springer International Publishing. DOI 10.1007/973-3-319-26583-4_17.
- Neece, C.L. Christensen, L.L., Berkovitz, L., & Mayo, D. (in press). Psychopathology: ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorders, and Other Conditions Present in Early Childhood. In Matson, J.L & Matson, M.L. (Eds.) Comorbid Conditions in Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities. New York, NY: Springer Publishers.
- Crnic, K & Neece, C.L. (in press). Illness and Disability. In Lerner, R. M. (Ed.). Handbook of Child Psychology and Developmental Science-7th Edition. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley Publishers.
- Davis, A., & Neece, C.L. (in press). Dual Diagnosis. In Swanson, L. (Ed.). The Encyclopedia of Special Education. New York: John Wiley & Sons.
- Emerson, N. D., Morrell, H. E., & Neece, C.L. (2015). Predictors of Age of Diagnosis for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder: The Role of a Consistent Source of Medical Care, Race, and Condition Severity. Journal of autism and developmental disorders, 1-12.
- Roberts, L. R., & Neece, C. L. (2015). Feasibility of Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction Intervention for Parents of Children with Developmental Delays. Issues in mental health nursing, 36(8), 592-602.
- Lewallen, A. C., & Neece, C. L. (2015). Improved Social Skills in Children with Developmental Delays After Parent Participation in MBSR: The Role of Parent–Child Relational Factors. Journal of Child and Family Studies, 1-13.
- Robinson, M., & Neece, C. L. (2015). Marital Satisfaction, Parental Stress, and Child Behavior Problems among Parents of Young Children with Developmental Delays. Journal of Mental Health Research in Intellectual Disabilities, 8(1), 23-46.
- Caplan, B., Neece, C. L., & Baker, B. L. (2015). Developmental level and psychopathology: Comparing children with developmental delays to chronological and mental age matched controls. Research in developmental disabilities, 37, 143-151.
- Tagge, E. P., Parker, K. H., Natali, E. L., & Neece, C. L. (2014). Aspects of Parental Mental Health Associated with Surgical Treatment of Infants in the NICU. Journal of Surgical Research, 2(186), 507.
- Xu, Y., Neece, C.L., Parker, K. (2014). Parental Depression and Child Behavior Problems in Families of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders Examining Pathways of Influence. Journal of Mental Health Research in Intellectual Disabilities, 7, 126-143.
- Neece, C. L. (2014). Mindfulness‐Based Stress Reduction for Parents of Young Children with Developmental Delays: Implications for Parental Mental Health and Child Behavior Problems. Journal of Applied Research in Intellectual Disabilities, 27(2), 174-186.
- Neece, C. L., Baker, B. L., & Lee, S. S. (2013). ADHD among adolescents with intellectual disabilities: Pre-pathway influences. Research in developmental disabilities, 34(7), 2268-2279.
- Neece, C. L., Berk, M. S., & Combs-Ronto, L. A. (2013). Dialectical behavior therapy and suicidal behavior in adolescence: Linking developmental theory and practice. Professional Psychology: Research and Practice, 44(4), 257.
- Tagge, E. P., Natali, E. L., Lima, E., Leek, D., Neece, C. L., & Randall, K. F. (2013). Psychoneuroimmunology and the pediatric surgeon. In Seminars in pediatric surgery, 22(3), 144-148.
- Neece, C.L. (2016). The Impact of Behavior Services and Parent MBSR on Child Behavior Problems: Implications for a Combined Treatment Model. In N. Ekas (Chair) Parent and Child Outcomes Following Parent-Focused Stress Reduction, Mindfulness-Based, and Gratitude Interventions. Symposium presented at the Gatlinburg Conference on Research and Theory in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, San Diego, CA.
- Neece, C.L. (2015). Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) for Parents of Children with Developmental Delays: A Focus on Latino Families. In LL. McIntyre (Chair) New Perspectives on Interventions for Children with IDD. Symposium presented at the American Psychological Association Annual Meeting, Toronto, Canada.
- Neece, C.L. (2013). Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for Parents of Young Children with Developmental Delays: Follow-Up Results from the MAPS Project. Paper presented at the Annual Gatlinburg Conference on Research and Theory in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Chicago, IL.
- Tagge, E.P., Parker, K.H., Sanner, C., Lima, E., Natali, E.L., Lavery, A.P., & Neece, C.L. (2013). Longitudinal Analysis of Mental Health Parameters of NICU Parents. Paper presented at the American Pediatric Surgical Association Annual Meeting, Phoenix, AZ.
- Neece, C.L. (2013). Testing the transactional relationship between parenting stress and child behavior problems: A pilot study of the MAPS Project. In E. Dykens (Chair) Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for Parents of Children with IDD. Symposium at the Annual Gatlinburg Conference on Research and Theory in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, San Antonio, TX.
- Blacher, J., Baker, B.L., Neece, C.L., Bellone, J., & Caplan, B. (2013). Empirically Established Typologies of Co-Morbid Disorders in Adolescents with ASD. Paper presented at the International Society for Autism Research Annual Meeting, Madrid, Spain.