Chair, Department of Psychology
Director of Clinical Training, PhD Program
Professor, Department of Psychology
Department of Psychology
Loma Linda University, Central Building, Office 101
11130 Anderson St., Loma Linda, CA 92350
Degrees and Certifications
- PhD, Clinical Psychology - Brigham Young University, 1998
- Certified Level I Trainer in Trauma Resiliency Model (TRM)
Areas of Specialization
- Psychotherapy outcome
- Psychotherapy quality management
- Therapist effects on outcome
- Effects of therapist/patient feedback on outcome
- Reducing deterioration in psychotherapy
- Effectiveness and patient-focused research
- Outcome test construction
Professional Memberships and Licenses
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist (CA #20684; UT #376660-2501)
- American Psychological Association
- Society for Psychotherapy Research
- Baerresen K.M., Miller, K.J., Hanson, E.R., Miller, J.S., Dye, R.V., Hartman, R.E., Vermeersch, D.A., & Small GW. (2015). Neuropsychological tests for predicting cognitive decline in older adults. Neurodegenerative Disease Management, 5(3), 191-201.
- Lambert, M. J., & Vermeersch, D. A. (2013). Psychological assessment in treatment. In K.F. Geisinger (Ed.), APA Handbook of Testing and Assessment in Psychology: Vol. 2. Testing and Assessment in Clinical and Counseling Psychology. Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association.
- Lima, E., Jones, R., Artinyan, E., & Vermeersch, D.A. (2015). Relationship of Patient Change Scores Observed on the Outcome Measures Used in Two Different Psychotherapy Quality Management Systems. Poster presented at the annual convention of the American Psychological Association, Toronto, Canada.
- Vermeersch, D.A., Lima, E., & Sanner, C. (2013). Patterns of Change in Outcome Measures Used in Two Different Psychotherapy Quality Management Systems. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the American Psychological Association, Honolulu, HI.
- Lima, E., Vermeersch, D.A., & Sanner, C. (2013). Influence of Treatment on Client's Perceived Level of Functioning. Poster presented at the annual convention of the American Psychological Association, Honolulu, HI.
- Loma Linda University International Behavioral Health Trauma Team (2013-present)