Associate Chair, Department of Psychology
Director of Clinical Training, PsyD Program
Department of Psychology
Loma Linda University, Central Building, Office 121
11130 Anderson St., Loma Linda, CA 92350
- PhD, Psychology - Fuller Graduate School of Psychology, 1999
- MA, Theology - Fuller Theological Seminary, 1998
Areas of Specialization
- Psychology of religion and spirituality
- Cognitive behavior therapy
Professional Licenses and Memberships
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- California Licensed Psychologist
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Klim, G., Boyd, K. C., Roberts, L., & Taylor, E. J. (2023). Social empathy and associated factors: An observational study of nurses. Holistic Nursing Practice, 37(1), 6-14. https://doi.org/10.1097/HNP.0000000000000560
- Taylor, E. J., Ada, H. M., Dupée, C., Jordan, M., Radovich, P., Boyd, K. C., & Dehom, S. (2023). Tragedy or Transformation? Online Survey of Nurse Spirituality During the COVID Pandemic. Journal of Clinical Nursing. https://doi.org/10.1111/jocn.16668
- Ada, H. M., Dehom, S., D’Errico, E., Boyd, K., & Taylor, E. (2021). Sanctification of Work and Hospital Nurse Employment Outcomes: An Observational Study. Journal of Nursing Management (John Wiley & Sons, Inc.), 29(3), 442-450. https://doi.org/10.1111.jonm.13162
- Boyd, K. C. (2020). Belief in free will is beneficial. In P. Clayton & J. W. Walters (Eds.), What’s Up With Free Will: Ethics and Religion After Neuroscience (pp. 38-47). Eugene, OR: Cascade.
- Albertson, T., & Boyd, K. C. (2021, August). The Potential Role of Compassionate Love in the Therapeutic Process. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the American Psychological Association; Online.
- Reynolds, A. G., Albertson, T., Boyd, K. C. (2021, April). Religion and PTSD in Puerto Rico Natural Disaster Survivors. Poster presented at the annual 2021 Western Psychological Association Conference; Online.
- Boyd, K.C. (2020, November). Biopsychosocial-Spiritual Philosophy of Science. Paper presented at the Loma Linda University School of Behavioral Health Biopsychosocial-Spiritual Research Conference; Loma Linda, CA.
- Boyd, K. C. (2019, November 18). What is a Psychologist? Presentation given to the Career Development class at Loma Linda Academy, Loma Linda, CA.
- Emerson, N. D., Morrell, H. R., Mahtani, N., Sanderson, L., Neece, C., Boyd, K. C., & Distelberg, B. (2018). Preliminary validation of a self‐efficacy scale for pediatric chronic illness. Child: Care, Health And Development, doi:10.1111/cch.12551.
- Crosswalk Seventh-day Adventist Church, Board Member (2015-2016)
- Loma Linda Youth Baseball & Softball, Founding President (2013-2015) and Treasurer (2016)
- Western Psychological Association Convention Presentation Peer Reviewer (2007-2014)
- Loma Linda Little League, President (2011-2012)