Associate Chair, Department of Psychology
Associate Professor, Psychology
Director of Clinical Training, PsyD Program
Department of Psychology
Loma Linda University, Central Building, Office 121
11130 Anderson St., Loma Linda, CA 92350
Degrees and Certifications
- PhD, Psychology - Fuller Graduate School of Psychology, 1999
- MA, Theology - Fuller Theological Seminary, 1998
Areas of Specialization
- Spirituality/religion in psychotherapy
- Cognitive behavior therapy
- Factor analysis
Professional Memberships and Licenses
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- American Psychological Association
- California Licensed Psychologist
- Cook, W. G., Arechiga, A., Dobson, L. A. V., & Boyd, K. (2014). Brief heterogeneous inpatient psychotherapy groups: A process-oriented psychoeducational (POP) model. International Journal of Group Psychotherapy, 64(2), 181-206.
- Emerson, N. D., Morrell, H. R., Mahtani, N., Sanderson, L., Neece, C., Boyd, K. C., & Distelberg, B. (2018). Preliminary validation of a self‐efficacy scale for pediatric chronic illness. Child: Care, Health And Development, doi:10.1111/cch.12551
- Boyd, K.C. (2017, May). Social Science: The Belief in Free Will is Healthy. Paper presented at the conference What’s With Free Will? Ethics and Religion After Neuroscience; Loma Linda, CA.
- Mahtani, N., Emerson, N. D, Morell, E. R., Neece, C., Boyd, K. C., & Distelberg, B. (2017, August). Preliminary Validation of the Pediatric Rating of Chronic Illness Self-Efficacy. Poster presented at the Society of Pediatric Psychology (Division 54) programming for the 2017 Annual American Psychological Association in Washington, D.C.
- Emerson, N. D, Mahtani, N., Morell, E. R., Neece, C., Boyd, K. C., & Distelberg, B. (2017, May). Predictors of Self-Efficacy in Pediatric Chronic Illness: The Role of Race, Parent Education, and Self-Reported Depression. Poster presented at the 29th Annual Association for Psychological Science Conference in Boston, MA.
- Norseth, C. & Boyd, K. C. (2017, April). Depressive Symptoms and Attitudes toward Professional Help-Seeking in College Student-Athletes. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the Rocky Mountain Psychological Association; Salt Lake City, UT.
- Boyd, K. C. (2016, January). Psychology and religion as close friends: A model of integration. Presentation to the Psychology Department of La Sierra University.
- Westbrook, C., Wolfe, M., & Boyd, K. C. (2015, August). Chronic Medical Conditions in Younger Military Veterans. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the American Psychological Association; Toronto, ON.
- Wolfe, M., Boyd, K. C., & Westbrook, C. (2015, April/May). Fibromyalgia and Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients: The Relationship Between Pain, Depression, and Family Health. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the Western Psychological Association; Las Vegas, NV.
- Pefanco, C. L. J., & Boyd, K. C. (2015, April). Psychometric Evaluation of the Self-Care Self-Efficacy Assessment Tool. Poster presented at the annual Communicating Nursing Research Conference of the Western Institute of Nursing; Albuquerque, NM.
- Boyd, K. C. (2014, October). Grace as the Spiritual Foundation of the Therapeutic Alliance. Paper presented at the Inaugural Symposium on Spirituality and Mental Health by the University of Redlands and the Christian Counseling Service; Redlands, CA.
- Wolfe, M., Luu, S., Boyd, K. C., & Krawczyk, L. V. (2014, April). Differences in PTSD Symptoms by Marital Status and Gender in a Veteran Population. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the Western Psychological Association; Portland, OR.
- Azizoddin, D., McDonnell, M., & Boyd, K. C. (2014, April). Yoga Wellbeing Survey: A Useful Measure for Yoga Wellbeing Research. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the Western Psychological Association; Portland, OR.
- Sol, K., Boyd, K. C., Freeman, K., & Owen, J. (2013, May). Pilot Study: Empathy as a Moderator Between Parent Pain and Child Distress. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the Association for Psychological Science; Washington, D.C.
- Wolfe, M. V. M., Luu, S., Boyd, K. C. (2013, May). Los Angeles Symptoms Checklist: A Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Factor Analysis. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the Association for Psychological Science; Washington, D.C.
- Crosswalk Seventh-day Adventist Church, Board Member (2015-2016)
- Loma Linda Youth Baseball & Softball, Founding President (2013-2015) and Treasurer (2016)
- Western Psychological Association Convention Presentation Peer Reviewer (2007-2014)
- Loma Linda Little League, President (2011-2012)