The Loma Linda University MSW program emphasizes the biopsychosocial-spiritual approach to advanced clinical social work practice in behavioral health institutions and agencies. Students gain expertise in cutting-edge and evidence-based trauma- and resiliency-informed interventions that support prevention, early intervention, diagnosis, and treatment of children, adolescents, and adults. Experiential learning through Loma Linda University Health's internationally recognized health system and specialized community agencies provide students with advanced learning opportunities in integrated behavioral health, inpatient care, and global practice settings.
A whole-person care approach is utilized to promote wellness for individuals and families. The program is based on the institutional and professional values of compassion, integrity, excellence, freedom, and justice.
The Loma Linda University MSW program is specifically designed to provide you with:
- a meaningful career as a clinical social worker;
- required courses needed for LCSW licensure;
- preparation for advanced community and global practice within a diversity of behavioral health settings; and
- preparation for clinical and administrative leadership in behavioral health.
On-Campus Program Information:
- 78 quarter units (equivalent to 52 semester units)
- 1080 hours of practicum, including one year of generalist practice and one year of advanced clinical practice
- 2-, 3-, and 4-year program options (see curriculum guides)
- Core courses taught on Tuesdays and Thursdays with practicum on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- 2-year, full-time program cost, including a $10,000 scholarship for qualified students, available here*
- 3-year, part-time program cost, including a $10,000 scholarship for qualified students, available here*
- Work-study available to qualified students in the amount of $18,000
- Specialization in clinical practice
- Accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
*When comparing programs, it is important to consider all costs, as many programs only post tuition costs without the associated fees.
Play Therapy or Drug & Alcohol Counseling Certificate
Students entering the MSW degree program within the Department of Social Work and Social Ecology in academic year 2021-2022 who are interested in obtaining certification in Play Therapy or Drug and Alcohol Counseling will receive a tuition waiver for the certificate program of their choice. Students interested in the Drug and Alcohol Counseling certificate are required to enroll in elective courses specified by their academic advisor. Tuition waivers do not apply to any units used to support the student's primary degree program.
My experience at Loma Linda University was a calling from God. My education made sense of my entire life in hindsight.