- All application fees currently waived.
The Loma Linda University MSW Advanced Standing program emphasizes the biopsychosocial-spiritual approach to advanced clinical social work practice in behavioral health institutions and agencies. Students gain expertise in cutting-edge and evidence-based trauma- and resiliency-informed interventions that support prevention, early intervention, diagnosis, and treatment of children, adolescents, and adults. Experiential learning through Loma Linda University Health's internationally recognized health system and specialized community agencies provide students with advanced learning opportunities in integrated behavioral health, inpatient care, and global practice settings.
A whole-person care approach is utilized to promote wellness for individuals and families. The program is based on the institutional and professional values of compassion, integrity, excellence, freedom, and justice.
The Loma Linda University MSW program is specifically designed to provide you with:
- a meaningful career as a clinical social worker;
- required courses needed for LCSW licensure;
- preparation for advanced community and global practice within a diversity of behavioral health settings; and
- preparation for clinical and administrative leadership in behavioral health.
On-Campus Program Information:
- 53 quarter units (equivalent to 35 semester units)*
- Summer classes begin mid-July, allowing time following BSW graduation and approximately one month before beginning the MSW program
- 800 hours of practicum, including one bridging quarter integrating BSW experiences with the expectations of the advanced clinical practice practicum
- 1- and 2-year options (see curriculum guides)
- Core courses taught on Tuesdays and Thursdays (except for summer), with practicum on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- Program cost, including a $12,068 scholarship for qualified students, available here*
- Specialization in clinical practice
- See MSW Student Handbook for specific information regarding our Advanced Standing policies
- Accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
*When comparing programs, it is important to consider all costs, as many programs only post tuition costs without the associated fees.
Play Therapy or Drug & Alcohol Counseling Certificate
Students entering the MSW degree program within the Department of Social Work and Social Ecology in academic year 2021-2022 who are interested in obtaining certification in Play Therapy or Drug and Alcohol Counseling will receive a tuition waiver for the certificate program of their choice. Students interested in the Drug and Alcohol Counseling certificate are required to enroll in elective courses specified by their academic advisor. Tuition waivers do not apply to any units used to support the student's primary degree program.