Now accepting applications for Fall! Apply by 7/31/20. (Application fees waived for Fall 2020.)
The Loma Linda University MSW 3-Year Part-Time Hybrid program emphasizes the biopsychosocial-spiritual approach to advanced clinical social work practice in behavioral health institutions and agencies. Students gain expertise in cutting-edge and evidence-based trauma- and resiliency-informed interventions that support prevention, early intervention, diagnosis, and treatment of children, adolescents, and adults. Experiential learning through Loma Linda University Health's internationally recognized health system and specialized community agencies provide students with advanced learning opportunities in integrated behavioral health, inpatient care, and global practice settings.
A whole-person care approach is utilized to promote wellness for individuals and families. The program is based on the institutional and professional values of compassion, integrity, excellence, freedom, and justice.
The Loma Linda University MSW program is specifically designed to provide you with:
- a meaningful career as a clinical social worker;
- required courses needed for LCSW licensure;
- preparation for advanced community and global practice within a diversity of behavioral health settings; and
- preparation for clinical and administrative leadership in behavioral health.
3-Year Part-Time Hybrid Program Information:
- 78 quarter units (equivalent to 52 semester units)
- Same curriculum and core faculty as all other Loma Linda University MSW program options
- 1080 hours of practicum, including one year of generalist practice and one year of advanced clinical practice in a modified format to meet the needs of working individuals
- Courses taught in a hybrid format with class attendance on Wednesdays from 5:30-9:30 PM, and practicum occurring one weekday per week
- Reduced in-person class attendance is available for individuals living 40+ miles from campus, with practicum placement near place of residence (Southern California residents only)
- Program cost, including a $15,000 scholarship for qualified students, available here*
- Work-study available to qualified students in the amount of $17,000
- Specialization in clinical practice
- Sample curriculum guide available here
- Accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
*When comparing programs, it is important to consider all costs, as many programs only post tuition costs without the associated fees.