At a Glance
- 83 quarter units leading to a Doctor of Social Work degree emphasizing clinical leadership and dissemination of practice and education innovation
- 3-year, full-time program utilizing predominately online and hybrid modalities catered to working professionals
- Two short-term summer clinical leadership externships at sites assigned by the program
- Small cohort size for maximum learning experience
- Diverse faculty and student population
- Mission-focused learning environment that promotes and integrates social justice and compassionate whole person care
Program Director: Larry Ortiz, PhD, MSW
The full-time 3-year DSW program is designed to meet the needs of post-master's social work professionals in the area of clinical leadership.
The mission of the program is to transform experienced MSW-level social workers into scholar-practitioners capable of advancing clinical social work practice knowledge and innovation through applied scholarship, leadership, education, and the promotion of social justice in support of whole person care in an increasingly diverse and global practice environment.
Program Learning Outcomes
Program learning outcomes supporting this mission are:
- Conduct systematic inquiry that adheres to scholarly conventions;
- Use and critically evaluate at an advanced level evidence-based, research-informed, and promising practices;
- Develop and disseminate clinical practice and educational innovations and knowledge that reflect the inherent values of the social work profession;
- Demonstrate expertise in behavioral health clinical leadership that advance social work practice and education;
- Demonstrate expertise in the application of mission-focused learning that promotes and integrates social justice in practice, education delivery, and innovation.