Professor, Social Work and Social Ecology
Department of Social Work and Social Ecology, Office 201F
Loma Linda University
1898 Business Center Dr., San Bernardino, CA 92408
Degrees and Certifications
- PhD, Social Work - University of Utah, 2003
- Master of Social Work - University of Utah, 1990
- Graduate Certificate of Gerontology - University of Utah, 1990
Areas of Specialization
- Social work administration
Professional Memberships and Licenses
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Butler, M. D. (2019) The $74,973 question: Are Medicare beneficiaries informed users of private medical care contracts? Journal of Gerontological Social Work 62(1), 4–15.
- Butler, M.D. "Poverty and a Living Wage - Adding Things Up (Part 2)." Roy Branson Legacy Sabbath School. Loma Linda, CA. December 28, 2019.
- Butler, M.D. "Poverty and a Living Wage - Adding Things Up (Part 1)." Roy Branson Legacy Sabbath School. Loma Linda, CA. December 21, 2019.
- Napa Valley College Human Services Advisory Board
- ALDEA Treatment Foster Care Program "Foster Parent University," Volunteer Coordinator
- Get Out the Vote: General Election and Shuttle Service Project
- COPE Family Resource Center, Volunteer Home Visitor
- Napa County (Child Protective Services) Citizen Review Panel
- PUC Social Work Program Angwin Food Pantry, Founder and Manger (2006-2014)
- PUC SDA Church Christmas Tree Family Project, Project Coordinator (2005-2013)