Dean, School of Behavioral Health
Chair, Department of Social Work and Social Ecology
Professor, Social Work and Social Ecology
Department of Social Work and Social Ecology, Office 119
Loma Linda University
1898 Business Center Dr., San Bernardino, CA 92408
Degrees and Certifications
- Doctor of Social Welfare - Adelphi University, 1989
- Master of Social Work - Eastern Washington University, 1983
- 2015. Buckles, B. (with E. Karas) Research Best Practices for International Environments, in Karas, E., Building Resilience in Trauma: The Trauma and Community Resiliency Models, Routledge, London.
- 2014. Buckles, B. Ryan, J. Black, J. Southern Regional Partnership: Core Competencies Project. http://www.scrpcalifornia.org/doc/SCRPCoreCompetenciesProject.pdf.
- B. Buckles (2016, November). Community Resiliency Skills Dissemination: Delivery of Effective Community-Based Mental Health Services. Presented at the 5th Annual Mental Health Conference: Strengthening Foundations in Psychosocial Support, Bo City, Sierra Leone.
- B. Buckles, D. Gaede, Elizabeth Tomenko. "Expanding Post-Ebola Resiliency and Recovery through Faith Communities", Christian Connections for International Health, Johns Hopkins University, June, 2016.
- K. Freeman, B. Buckles, F. Miller. "Community Resiliency Training for Filipino Social Workers and Volunteers Following Typhoon Yolanda", Council on Social Work Education, APM, Denver, Colorado, October, 2015.
- B. Buckles, A. Arechiga. "The Community Resiliency Model: A Research Informed Practice for Working with Patients Experiencing Trauma and Chronic Pain", Loma Linda University – RONI, 2nd Annual Pain Symposium. Loma Linda, CA, June 7, 2015.
- B. Buckles, "A Partnership in Capacity Building and Service", ADRA Inter-American Division, November.
- B. Buckles, “International Behavioral Health Trauma Team Suicide Epidemic Response”, LLU University Board, May.
- B. Buckles, K. Freeman, E. Karas. "Mentoring Civil War Survivors Toward Community Resiliency and Recovery from Trauma", Council on Social Work Education, Annual Program Meeting. November.
- B. Buckles, "Plenary: Best Practices for International Behavioral Health Interventions", Trauma and Resilience Conference: Preparedness and Response to Natural Disasters and Complex Emergencies, Berlin, July.
- B. Buckles, "The Nature and Experience of Depression: Social and Gender Difference", Part of Series-Mental Health and the Church, Adventist Health Ministries, 2nd World Global Health Conference, Geneva, July.
- B. Buckles, A. Arechiga, W. Baker, D. Vermeersch, K. Freeman, V. Jackson. "Developing Self-Care through Resiliency Building Techniques", Adventist Health Ministries, 2nd World Global Health Conference, Geneva, July.
- B. Buckles, Baccalaureate Presentation, Osaka Jikei College, April.