Associate Professor, Division of Interdisciplinary Studies
Division of Interdisciplinary Studies
Loma Linda University, Griggs Hall
11065 Campus St., Loma Linda, CA 92350
Degrees and Certifications
- PhD, Health Care Ethics - Duquesne University, 2017
- Master of Divinity - Andrews University, 2010
- Healthcare Ethics Consultant Certified (HEC-C)
Areas of Specialization
- mHealth interventions
- Behavioral economics
- Medical decision-making
- Conjoint analysis
- HIV prevention
- Implementation science
Professional Memberships and Licenses
- American Society for Bioethics and Humanities
- Society for Medical Decision Making
- Society for Judgement and Decision Making
- International AIDS Society
- Dubov, A., & Shoptaw, S. (2020). The Value and Ethics of Using Technology to Contain the COVID-19 Epidemic. The American Journal of Bioethics, 1-5.
- Ranjit, Y. S., Dubov, A., Polonsky, M., Fraenkel, L., Rich, K. M., Ogunbajo, A., & Altice, F. L. (2020). Dual motivational model of pre-exposure prophylaxis use intention: model testing among men who have sex men in Ukraine. AIDS care, 32(2), 261-266.
- Dubov, A., Ogunbajo, A., Altice, F. L., & Fraenkel, L. (2019). Optimizing access to PrEP based on MSM preferences: results of a discrete choice experiment. AIDS care, 31(5), 545-553.
- Ranjit, Y. S., Dubov, A., Polonsky, M., Fraenkel, L., Ogunbajo, A., Mayer, K., & Altice, F. L. (2019). Pre-exposure Prophylaxis Among Men Who have Sex with Men: Dual Motivational model of intention to Use Pre-exposure prophylaxis. AIDS and Behavior, 23(2), 534-543.
- Moses, B. D., Borecky, A. D., & Dubov, A. (2019). It is OK to nudge for vitamin K. Acta Paediatrica, 108(11), 1938-1941.
- Borecky, A., Thomsen, C., & Dubov, A. (2019). Reweighing the ethical tradeoffs in the involuntary hospitalization of suicidal patients. The American Journal of Bioethics, 19(10), 71-83.
- Dubov, A., Galbo Jr, P., Altice, F. L., & Fraenkel, L. (2018). Stigma and shame experiences by MSM who take PrEP for HIV prevention: a qualitative study. American journal of men's health, 12(6), 1843-1854.
- Dubov, A., Altice, F. L., & Fraenkel, L. (2018). An information–motivation–behavioral skills model of PrEP uptake. AIDS and Behavior, 22(11), 3603-3616.
- Dubov, A., & Fraenkel, L. (2018). Facial feminization surgery: The ethics of gatekeeping in transgender health. The American Journal of Bioethics, 18(12), 3-9.
- Dubov, A., Fraenkel, L., Yorick, R., Ogunbajo, A., & Altice, F. L. (2018). Strategies to implement pre-exposure prophylaxis with men who have sex with men in Ukraine. AIDS and Behavior, 22(4), 1100-1112.
- Shrestha, R., Karki, P., Altice, F. L., Dubov, A., Fraenkel, L., Huedo-Medina, T., & Copenhaver, M. (2018). Measuring acceptability and preferences for implementation of pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) using conjoint analysis: an application to primary HIV prevention among high risk drug users. AIDS and Behavior, 22(4), 1228-1238.
- Dubov, A., Fraenkel, L., & Seng, E. (2016). The importance of fostering ownership during medical training. The American Journal of Bioethics, 16(9), 3-12.
- Dubov, A., Appleton, J. H., & Campbell, S. (2016). Ebola virus preparedness: emerging viruses and ethics in laboratory medicine. Archives of pathology & laboratory medicine, 140(2), 171-180.
- Dubov, A., & Phung, C. (2015). Nudges or mandates? The ethics of mandatory flu vaccination. Vaccine, 33(22), 2530-2535.
- Dubov, A. (2015). Ethical persuasion: the rhetoric of communication in critical care. Journal of evaluation in clinical practice, 21(3), 496-502.
- “Is it possible for AI to be ethical?” 21st Annual Meeting of the American Society for Bioethics and Humanities. Pittsburgh, PA. October 2019.
- “Machine Learning in Public Health Research: A practical introduction.” UCLA CHIPTS invited presentation. Los Angeles, CA. October 2019.
- “Translife: Development of a smartphone app to predict and improve rates of suicidal ideation among transgender persons.” USPATH Scientific Symposium. Washington, DC. September 2019.
- “Ethical issues in mHealth and Artificial Intelligence.” 20th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Bioethics and Humanities. Anaheim, CA. October 2018.
- “The importance of fostering ownership in medical training.” Cambridge Consortium for Bioethics Education. Paris, France. June 2017.
- “Moral Heuristics in End of Lie Treatment.” 13th International Conference on Ethics Consultation. Singapore. May 2017.
- “Cognitive dualism in end of life.” Conference on Medicine and Religion. Houston, TX. March 2017.
- “Ethical Issues in Prescribing Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis for Worried Well Patients.” 17th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Bioethics and Humanities. Houston, TX. October 2015.
- Inland Empire HIV Planning Council (2017-present)
- UCLA Center for HIV Identification, Prevention, and Treatment (2017-present)
- Loma Linda Institute for Health Policy and Leadership (2017-present)
- Loma Linda Center for Christian Bioethics Faculty Scholars program (2017-present)