Associate Professor, Division of Interdisciplinary Studies
Division of Interdisciplinary Studies
Loma Linda University, Griggs Hall, Office 227
11065 Campus St., Loma Linda, CA 92350
Degrees and Certifications
- PhD, Health Care Ethics - Duquesne University, 2017
- MDiv - Andrews University, 2010
- Healthcare Ethics Consultant Certified (HEC-C)
Areas of Specialization
- mHealth interventions
- Behavioral economics
- Medical decision-making
- Conjoint analysis
- HIV prevention
- Implementation science
- American Society for Bioethics and Humanities (ASBH)
- Society for Medical Decision Making (SMDM)
- Society for Judgment and Decision Making (SJDM)
- International AIDS Society (IAS)
- Abdul-Mutakabbir, J. C., Granillo, C., Peteet, B., Dubov, A., Montgomery, S. B., Hutchinson, J., ... & Belliard, J. C. (2022). Rapid Implementation of a Community–Academic Partnership Model to Promote COVID-19 Vaccine Equity within Racially and Ethnically Minoritized Communities. Vaccines, 10(8), 1364.
- Roberts, L. R., Dubov, A., Distelberg, B., Peteet, B., Abdul-Mutakabbir, J. C., Montgomery, S., ... & Chrissian, A. A. (2022). COVID-19 Vaccine Hesitancy Among Southern California Nurses. The American Journal of Nursing, 10-1097.
- Nelson V, Dubov A, Morton K, Fraenkel L (2022) Using nominal group technique among resident physicians to identify key attributes of a burnout prevention program. PLoS ONE 17(3): e0264921. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0264921
- Gutierrez, J.I., Vlahov, D., Dubov, A. et al. Preferences for Long-Acting and Alternative Modalities for PrEP among Military Men Who Have Sex with Men: Segmentation Results of an Adaptive Choice-Based Conjoint Analysis Study. J Urban Health 99, 277–292 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11524-022-00615-9
- Bloswick, A., Mustra, D., Harasymiv, O. and Dubov, A. (2022), Facilitating Ukrainian Refugees’ Continued Participation in Clinical Trials. Hastings Center Report, 52: 6-8. https://doi.org/10.1002/hast.1390
- Chrissian, A. A., Oyoyo, U. E., Patel, P., Lawrence Beeson, W., Loo, L. K., Tavakoli, S., & Dubov, A. (2022). Impact of COVID-19 vaccine-associated side effects on health care worker absenteeism and future booster vaccination. Vaccine, 40(23), 3174–3181. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2022.04.046
- Dubov A, Distelberg BJ, Abdul-Mutakabbir JC, Peteet B, Roberts L, Montgomery SB, Rockwood N, Patel P, Shoptaw S, Chrissian AA. Racial/Ethnic Variances in COVID-19 Inoculation among Southern California Healthcare Workers. Vaccines. 2022; 10(8):1331. https://doi.org/10.3390/vaccines10081331
- Dubov, Alex, et al. "Development of a Smartphone App to Predict and Improve the Rates of Suicidal Ideation Among Transgender Persons (TransLife): Qualitative Study." Journal of medical internet research 23.3 (2021): e24023.
- Dubov, Alex, et al. "Development and Psychometric Evaluation of the PrEP Sexual Expectancies (PSEXS) Scale." AIDS and Behavior 25.4 (2021): 1192-1198.
- Gutierrez, J. I., Dubov, A., Altice, F. L., & Vlahov, D. (2021). Preferences for pre-exposure prophylaxis among US military men who have sex with men: results of an adaptive choice based conjoint analysis study. Military Medical Research, 8(1), 1-11.
- Dubov, A., & Shoptaw, S. (2020). The Value and Ethics of Using Technology to Contain the COVID-19 Epidemic. The American Journal of Bioethics, 1-5.
- Ranjit, Y. S., Dubov, A., Polonsky, M., Fraenkel, L., Rich, K. M., Ogunbajo, A., & Altice, F. L. (2020). Dual motivational model of pre-exposure prophylaxis use intention: model testing among men who have sex men in Ukraine. AIDS care, 32(2), 261-266.
- Dubov, A., Ogunbajo, A., Altice, F. L., & Fraenkel, L. (2019). Optimizing access to PrEP based on MSM preferences: results of a discrete choice experiment. AIDS care, 31(5), 545-553.
- Ranjit, Y. S., Dubov, A., Polonsky, M., Fraenkel, L., Ogunbajo, A., Mayer, K., & Altice, F. L. (2019). Pre-exposure Prophylaxis Among Men Who have Sex with Men: Dual Motivational model of intention to Use Pre-exposure prophylaxis. AIDS and Behavior, 23(2), 534-543.
- Moses, B. D., Borecky, A. D., & Dubov, A. (2019). It is OK to nudge for vitamin K. Acta Paediatrica, 108(11), 1938-1941.
- Borecky, A., Thomsen, C., & Dubov, A. (2019). Reweighing the ethical tradeoffs in the involuntary hospitalization of suicidal patients. The American Journal of Bioethics, 19(10), 71-83.
- Dubov, A., Galbo Jr, P., Altice, F. L., & Fraenkel, L. (2018). Stigma and shame experiences by MSM who take PrEP for HIV prevention: a qualitative study. American journal of men's health, 12(6), 1843-1854.
- Dubov, A., Altice, F. L., & Fraenkel, L. (2018). An information–motivation–behavioral skills model of PrEP uptake. AIDS and Behavior, 22(11), 3603-3616.
- Dubov, A., & Fraenkel, L. (2018). Facial feminization surgery: The ethics of gatekeeping in transgender health. The American Journal of Bioethics, 18(12), 3-9.
- Dubov, A., Fraenkel, L., Yorick, R., Ogunbajo, A., & Altice, F. L. (2018). Strategies to implement pre-exposure prophylaxis with men who have sex with men in Ukraine. AIDS and Behavior, 22(4), 1100-1112.
- Shrestha, R., Karki, P., Altice, F. L., Dubov, A., Fraenkel, L., Huedo-Medina, T., & Copenhaver, M. (2018). Measuring acceptability and preferences for implementation of pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) using conjoint analysis: an application to primary HIV prevention among high risk drug users. AIDS and Behavior, 22(4), 1228-1238.
- 24th Annual Conference, American Society for Bioethics and Humanities. "Medical Ethics and the Russian Invasion of Ukraine." Portland, OR. October 27, 2022.
- HRSA Region 10 Health Equity Conference. "Let's talk about addictophobia." Seattle, WA. September 16, 2022.
- AIDS 2022. Wafaa El-Sadr, Steven Shoptaw, Alex Dubov, Russell Campbell. "Let's Talk About Addictophobia." [Workshop]. Montréal, Canada. July 2022.
- 11th IAS Conference on HIV Science. Alex Dubov, Sarah Calabrese, Douglas Krakower, Nicholas Rockwood, Steven Shoptaw. "The influence of primary care providers' implicit bias on clinical decision-making for HIV PrEP for people who inject drugs."
- 23rd Annual Conference, American Society for Bioethics and Humanities. Alex Dubov, Ryan Marais, Liana Fraenkel. "Moral Heuristics in End of Life Treatment."
- 23rd Annual Conference, American Society for Bioethics and Humanities. Alex Dubov, Vicki Nelson, Kelly Morton, Liana Fraenkel. "Factors contributing to resident physicians' burnout during the COVID-19 pandemic."
- "Is it possible for AI to be ethical?" 21st Annual Meeting of the American Society for Bioethics and Humanities. Pittsburgh, PA. October 2019.
- "Machine Learning in Public Health Research: A practical introduction." UCLA CHIPTS invited presentation. Los Angeles, CA. October 2019.
- "Translife: Development of a smartphone app to predict and improve rates of suicidal ideation among transgender persons." USPATH Scientific Symposium. Washington, DC. September 2019.
- "Ethical issues in mHealth and Artificial Intelligence." 20th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Bioethics and Humanities. Anaheim, CA. October 2018.
- Inland Empire HIV Planning Council (2017-present)
- UCLA Center for HIV Identification, Prevention, and Treatment (2017-present)
- Loma Linda Institute for Health Policy and Leadership (2017-present)
- Loma Linda Center for Christian Bioethics Faculty Scholars program (2017-present)