Dear Faculty, Alumni, Students, and Staff:
The School of Behavioral Health and its members condemn hate, discrimination, racism, and violence toward all groups of people. This shared pledge transmits from our moral responsibility and genuine commitment to protect, respect, and value all people regardless of individual differences. Though this shared resolve has been worded differently by each discipline, it is unquestionable and evidenced by the statements found at each of the links provided below.
I invite you to not only take strength from the statements made by your specific profession, but to also review the statements made by all of the disciplines represented in our School. As you review these statements, remember that each embodies more than mere words. These statements are personal-professional commitments that express what we must achieve together!
- Association of Child Life Professionals (ACLP) condemnation of racism and discrimination in June 2020 (page 5)
- ACLP's diversity, equity and inclusion action plan
- American Counseling Association (ACA) statement on undue police violence in May 2020
- ACA statement regarding violence against Asian-Americans in March 2021
Marriage and Family Therapy
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT) blog on antiracism in June 2020
- AAMFT blog on racism and Asian-American Community in March 2021
- National Association of Social Workers-California (NASW-CA) Statement On Rise Of Hate Crimes Toward AAPI Community in February 2021
- Social Work's Call to Action Against Pandemic Othering and Anti-Asian Racism in March 2021
- A Statement from the National Committee on Racial and Ethnic Diversity (NCORED)
- A Statement from the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) Council on Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity and Expression