Assistant Professor, Social Work and Social Ecology
Title IV-E Project Coordinator
Department of Social Work and Social Ecology, Office 201E
Loma Linda University
1898 Business Center Dr., San Bernardino, CA 92408
Degrees and Certifications
- PhD, Social Policy and Social Research - Loma Linda University, 2011
- Master of Social Work, Policy, Planning, and Administration - Loma Linda University, 1998
- Certificate in Counseling - University of California, Riverside, 1995
- Certificate in Gerontology - University of California, Riverside, 1995
Areas of Specialization
- Qualitative research
- Social policy
- Child welfare practice/policy
- Ethics in health and mental health policy
- Interprofessional collaboration
Professional Memberships and Licenses
- Associate Clinical Social Worker (ASW), Licensure #10394
- National Association of Social Work (NASW)
- National Organization of Forensic Social Work (NOFSW)
- Society for Social Work Research (SSWR)
- American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- Lindsey, V. History of American Social Work: Pioneers and Challenges. Presented at Loma Linda University, Department of Social Work and Social Ecology, to visiting Japanese students from Osaka, Japan, October, 2009 – 2017, recurring.
- Lindsey, V. & Jackson, V. Beyond Cultural Competency: Peeling Back the Layers. Presented at The National Organization of Forensic Social Work (NOFSW) annual conference, Fordham University, Ohio, July 24-26, 2014.
- Lindsey, V., Bliss, W., & Cortez, V. The Social Work Profession: Education and Careers. Presented at Wong Kerlee Conference Center, Loma Linda University, Community Academic Partners in Service (CAPS) Gateway program, July 17, 2014.
- Lindsey, V., Florez, C., Whittle, C., Armistead, M., Freitas, F., Dolores Siegel, D., Ho, H., Moore, L., Garcia, T., Donlon, R., Moore, S., Johnson, K., & Kupfer, G. Theoretical Framework for Leveraging Community Partnerships: From Evidence to Implementation. Presented at California Social Work Education (Cal-SWEC) Summer Institute II, Emeryville, California, June 19-20, 2014.
- Lindsey, V. & Miller, F. An Overview of Loma Linda University (LLUs) MSW Program Admission, Academics, and Field Practicum Requirements. Presented at Orange County Social Services Agency, Orange, California, October, 2010; October, 2011, October, 2012, October 2013 (Annual Recurrence).
- Jackson, V. & Lindsey, V. Interdisciplinary Relationship between Pharmacy and Social Work. Presented at Loma Linda University, School of Pharmacy, April 13, 2012, April 2013.
- LLU Service Learning Committee – Institute for Community Partnerships (ICP) (2012-present)
- Public Child Welfare Training Academy (PCWTA), Member (2011-present)
- CalSWEC, Title IV-E Project Coordinators committee member (2011-present)
- University-County CalSWEC Title IV-E Stipend Program Collaborative (Riverside and San Bernardino Counties) (2011-present)
- Trauma Informed Curriculum selection committee, CalSWEC (2015)
- Students in Mission Services (SIMS) – Sri Lanka (2014)
- New Model for Field Instructions Committee – California Social Work Education (CalSWEC) Title IV-E Stipend Program (2012-2014)