Assistant Professor, Social Work and Social Ecology
Department of Social Work and Social Ecology, Office 201C
Loma Linda University
1898 Business Center Dr., San Bernardino, CA 92408
Degrees and Certifications
- EdD, Education - La Sierra University, 2012
- EdS, Education Specialist - La Sierra University, 2007
- Master of Social Work - University of Michigan, 1972
Areas of Specialization
- Gerontology - successful aging
- Child welfare - transitional foster youth
- Human trafficking
Professional Memberships and Licenses
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- National Association of Social Work
- American Society of Aging
- National Association of Christian Social Workers
- International Association of Adventist Social Workers
- Inland Association for Continuity of Care (IACC)
- November 10, 2018. Presented on strategies for identifying mental health issues to be addressed within the family, and resources for dealing with mental health challenges in the community. Mental Health Sabbath. Kansas SDA Church, Riverside, CA.
- October 2018. "Creative Living for Older Adults." Presentation to students visiting from Osaka Jikei College in Japan. San Bernardino, CA.
- October 2017. "Creative Living for Older Adults." Presentation to students visiting from Osaka Jikei College in Japan. San Bernardino, CA.
- September 15, 2017. "Community with Elder Patients with Dementia." Public Guardian Conference, Riverside Conference Center.
- July 24-25, 2017. "Marital Communication Workshop." Presented with Craig Jackson. Family Life Conference, Andrews University.
- February 16, 2017. "My Social Work Journey." Black History Celebration, San Bernardino Juvenile Court.
- September 2016. "Working with Patients with Dementia." California State Association of Public Administrators, Public Guardians, and Public Conservators Training and Certification Conference. Riverside, CA.
- September 2016. "Communicating with Older Adults: How Aging May Affect Communication." California State Association of Public Administrators, Public Guardians, and Public Conservators Training and Certification Conference. Riverside, CA.
- 2015. "Social Work Challenges for the 21st Century." Keynote Speaker for the San Bernardino Chapter of National Association of Social Workers Social Work Month Banquet. Ontario, CA.
- 2015. Dual Degree/Gerontology Student Poster Presentations. "Sex and the Senior, Health Living, and Healthy Eating." Pacesetters Club for Seniors at Kansas Avenue SDA Church. Riverside, CA.
- 2014. "Anger Management Interventions." Drug Alternative Program. Grand Terrace, CA.
- 2014. "Empowerment Evaluation." Council on Social Work Education Conference. Tampa, FL.
- 2014. "Social Work as a Profession." Loma Linda University CAPS Campus Event. Loma Linda, CA.
- 2014. "Blue Zone Strategies for Healthful Living for Caregivers." American Society on Aging Conference. San Diego, CA.
- Mental Health Ministry Leader, Mental Health Forum at Kansas SDA Church (2017)
- Loma Linda University International Behavioral Health Trauma Team, Member - Sierra Leone (2015, 2016), Kiev, Ukraine (2015), Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, South Dakota (2014), Trinidad-Tobago (2013), Belize (2011), Haiti (2004)
- Silent Praise Anointed - ASL song signing at Kansas SDA Church (2006-present)
- Newbold Councillors - Newbold College outreach and planning for future organization (2000-2014)
- Youth tutoring at Kansas Avenue SDA Church (2010)
- Silverlake Youth Board, Member (1999-2004)
- Touch of Class Skills for African American females (2000)
- Drama Team Member - Celebration Church, Colton, CA (1990-1994)