Assistant Professor, Social Work and Social Ecology
Department of Social Work and Social Ecology, Office 201C
Loma Linda University
1898 Business Center Dr., San Bernardino, CA 92408
Degrees and Certifications
- EdD, Education - La Sierra University, 2012
- EdS, Education Specialist - La Sierra University, 2007
- Master of Social Work - University of Michigan, 1972
Areas of Specialization
- Gerontology - successful aging
- Child welfare - transitional foster youth
- Human trafficking
Professional Memberships and Licenses
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- National Association of Social Work
- American Society of Aging
- National Association of Christian Social Workers
- International Association of Adventist Social Workers
- Inland Association for Continuity of Care (IACC)
- October 2017. "Creative Living for Older Adults." Presentation to students visiting from Osaka Jikei College in Japan. San Bernardino, CA.
- September 15, 2017. "Community with Elder Patients with Dementia." Public Guardian Conference, Riverside Conference Center.
- July 24-25, 2017. "Marital Communication Workshop." Presented with Craig Jackson. Family Life Conference, Andrews University.
- February 16, 2017. "My Social Work Journey." Black History Celebration, San Bernardino Juvenile Court.
- September 2016. "Working with Patients with Dementia." California State Association of Public Administrators, Public Guardians, and Public Conservators Training and Certification Conference. Riverside, CA.
- September 2016. "Communicating with Older Adults: How Aging May Affect Communication." California State Association of Public Administrators, Public Guardians, and Public Conservators Training and Certification Conference. Riverside, CA.
- 2015. "Social Work Challenges for the 21st Century." Keynote Speaker for the San Bernardino Chapter of National Association of Social Workers Social Work Month Banquet. Ontario, CA.
- 2015. Dual Degree/Gerontology Student Poster Presentations. "Sex and the Senior, Health Living, and Healthy Eating." Pacesetters Club for Seniors at Kansas Avenue SDA Church. Riverside, CA.
- 2014. "Anger Management Interventions." Drug Alternative Program. Grand Terrace, CA.
- 2014. "Empowerment Evaluation." Council on Social Work Education Conference. Tampa, FL.
- 2014. "Social Work as a Profession." Loma Linda University CAPS Campus Event. Loma Linda, CA.
- 2014. "Blue Zone Strategies for Healthful Living for Caregivers." American Society on Aging Conference. San Diego, CA.
- 2013. "Stress Management." Kansas Avenue SDA Church. Riverside, CA.
- 2013. "Blue Zone Principles for Families." Adventist Family Ministries. Monterey, CA.
- Mental Health Ministry Leader, Mental Health Forum at Kansas SDA Church (2017)
- Loma Linda University International Behavioral Health Trauma Team, Member - Sierra Leone (2015, 2016), Kiev, Ukraine (2015), Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, South Dakota (2014), Trinidad-Tobago (2013), Belize (2011), Haiti (2004)
- Silent Praise Anointed - ASL song signing at Kansas SDA Church (2006-present)
- Newbold Councillors - Newbold College outreach and planning for future organization (2000-2014)
- Youth tutoring at Kansas Avenue SDA Church (2010)
- Silverlake Youth Board, Member (1999-2004)
- Touch of Class Skills for African American females (2000)
- Drama Team Member - Celebration Church, Colton, CA (1990-1994)