Professor, Counseling and Family Sciences
Director, Marital and Family Therapy MS Program
Department of Counseling and Family Sciences
Loma Linda University, Griggs Hall, Office 114
11065 Campus St., Loma Linda, CA 92350
Degrees and Certifications
- DrPH, Preventive Health - Loma Linda University, 1994
- PhD, Marriage and Family Therapy - Brigham Young University, 1979
- MS, Marriage and Family Therapy - Loma Linda University, 1975
- MPH, Health Education - Loma Linda University, 1975
- Certified Alt. Test Sites (ATS) Pre and Post AIDS Counselor, 1988
Areas of Specialization
- Treatment of couples
- Legal and ethical issues
- Family theory
- Group therapy
Professional Memberships and Licenses
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT), Clinical Member
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (California)
- Avila, A., Distelberg, B., Estrada, A., Moline, M., & Huenergardt, D. (2017). Developmental Properties and Application of the Dyadic Supervision Evaluation. Contemporary Family Therapy: An International Journal. DOI: 10.1007/s10591-017-9452.
- Luttrell, T., Distelberg, B., Wilson, C., Knudson-Martin, C. & Moline, M. (2017). Exploring the Relationship Balance Assessment. Contemporary Family Therapy: An International Journal. DOI: 10.1007/s10590917-9421.
- Avila, A., Distelberg, B., Estrada, A., Samman, S., Borieux, M., Yektafar, G., & Moline, M. (2016). Developing Dyadic Evaluation for Supervision: An Exploratory Factor Analysis. Contemporary Family Therapy: An International Journal, 38(3), 284-294. DOI:10.1007/s10591-016-9388-4.