Associate Chair, Counseling and Family Sciences
Professor, Counseling and Family Sciences
Department of Counseling and Family Sciences
Loma Linda University, Griggs Hall, Office 208
11065 Campus St., Loma Linda, CA 92350
Degrees and Certifications
- PhD, Commmunication and Social Influence - Northwestern University, 1967
- MA, Communication and Social Influence - Northwestern University, 1964
Areas of Specialization
- Working with gender and power in couples therapy
- Systemic program design and evaluation
- Family and community systemic practice
- Competency-based family therapy
- Therapeutic use of self
Professional Memberships and Licenses
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor
- Florida Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Knudson-Martin, C., Huenergardt, D., Lafontant, K., Bishop, L., Schaepper, J., & Wells, M. (2015). Competencies for addressing gender and power in couple therapy: A socio-emotional approach. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy. Advance online publication. Doi: 10.111/jmft.12068.
- Knudson-Martin, C. & Huenergardt, D. (2015). Bridging emotion, societal discourse, and couple interaction in clinical practice. In C. Knudson-Martin, M.A. Wells, & Samman (Eds.), Socio-emotional relationship therapy: Bridging emotional societal context, and couple interaction. NY: Springer, 1-13.
- Pandit, M. L., Chen-Feng, J., Kang, Y. J., Knudson-Martin, C, & Huenergardt, D. (2014). Practicing socio-cultural attunement: A study of couple therapists. Contemporary Family Therapy, 36, 518-528. doi: 10.1007/s10591-014-9318-2.
- Riverside County Office of Education, transitional support services for at-risk youth (2007-present)
- Riverside County Office of Education, evaluation of foster youth services (2005-present)