At a Glance
- 92 quarter unit academic program focusing on critical analysis in theoretical approaches to research and policy
- Promotes integrative and interdisciplinary research focusing on chronic social issues, social justice, implementation science, and global practice
- Small class size for maximum learning experience
- One-on-one faculty mentoring
- Graduate assistantships nurturing research interests, publications, and career endeavors
- Diverse faculty and student population
- Christian environment emphasizing integrated learning and compassionate whole person care
- Embedded professional self-care
As an epidemiologist, I've found that this program has enabled me to integrate qualitative and quantitative data to try to understand how policies affect the health of marginalized communities.
The Social Welfare and Social Research PhD program offers a strong research-oriented focus. The faculty are always available and willing to help students develop and excel in their area of interest. The small class size has allowed me to become fully immersed in the material, form great relationships with the faculty, and connect with my classmates.