Now accepting applications for Fall 2021! Apply here. All application fees currently waived.
Applicants must meet Loma Linda University and School of Behavioral Health admissions requirements, and give evidence of academic ability, professional comportment, and mature judgment. The Doctor of Social Work degree curriculum represents advanced study over and above the MSW degree. Admission is based on an integrated evaluation of the following criteria:
- An MSW (or equivalent, e.g., MSSW) from a program that is accredited by the CSWE
- A minimum of four years' professional social work experience post-receipt of the MSW degree
- A minimum MSW GPA of 3.3
- Writing assessment, GRE general test: the analytical writing section score must equal 4.0 or higher, or applicant can demonstrate proficiency in professional writing as evidenced by first authorship on a professional publication - Note: Due to issues associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, the GRE General Test is waived for all 2021-2022 applicants to doctoral programs in the School of Behavioral Health. Please do not submit GRE scores through ETS or report your scores in any application materials as they will not be taken into consideration.
- License to practice clinical social work is preferred
- Structured essay
- Structured interview with the program
- Curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation (academic and professional)
Information on international student admissions can be found here.
Notification of Acceptance
The Doctor of Social Work program admissions committee forwards a recommendation to the dean of the School of Behavioral Health for review and confirmation. All applicants are first notified by the dean's office of their admissions status. Accepted students must then acknowledge in writing their intentions to reserve their place in the program.
Potential applicants may receive general admissions information from the School of Behavioral Health Office of Admissions. Requests for specific information about the program should be directed to the program director.
All applicants must submit their application online (program is listed as "Clinical Leadership, DSW" in the application portal). Applicants can also monitor the status of their application online. In addition, the School of Behavioral Health office of admission informs all applicants when their files are complete or if additional information is required. The department's admissions coordinator reviews all completed applicant files and contacts the candidates for an admissions interviews.
Doctor of Social Work (DSW Hybrid)