Zephon D. Lister, PhD, MS, MA, LMFT
Director of Systems, Families, & Couples PhD Program
Associate Professor, Counseling and Family Sciences
Department of Counseling and Family Sciences
Loma Linda University, Griggs Hall, Office 205
11065 Campus St., Loma Linda, CA 92350
Degrees and Certifications
- PhD, Marriage and Family Therapy - Loma Linda University, 2010
- MS, Marriage and Family Therapy - Loma Linda University, 2003
- MA, Religion - Andrews University, 2001
- AAMFT approved supervisor candidate, 2015
Areas of Specialization
- Couples and chronic illness
- Medical family therapy/integrated behavioral health
- Religion and family functioning
- Trauma informed couples therapy
Professional Memberships and Licenses
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, LMFT (2009)
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- Collaborative Family Healthcare Association (CFHA)
- American Family Therapy Academy (AFTA)
- Lister, Z. D., Wilson, C. M., Fox, C. A., Herring, P., Simpson, C. Smith, L., Edwards, L. (2016). Partner Expressed Emotion and Diabetes Management Among Spouses Living With Type 2 Diabetes, Family Systems, and Health.
- Freitas, C, Williams-Reade, J., Distelberg, B, Fox, C. A., Lister, Z. D. (2016). Paternal Depression During Pregnancy and Postpartum: An International Delphi Study, Journal of Affective Disorders.
- Sudano, L.E., Patterson, J.E., Lister, Z.D. (2015). Training for teamwork: A case study. Family, Systems, and Health, 33 (3):262-9. doi: 10.1037/fsh0000152.
- Zak-Hunter, L., Berge, J., Lister, Z., Davey, M., Lynch, L. & Denton, W. (2014). Medical Family Therapy Scientist-Practitioners from (Hodgson, J., Lamson, A., Mendenhall, T., Crane, D.R. eds.) Medical Family Therapy-Advanced Applications. New York, NY: Springer.
- Lister, Z (2013). Therapeutic Divorce. In (Eds.) Emery, R. E. & Golson, J. G., Cultural Sociology of Divorce, Sage Publications.
- Lister, Z., Fox, C., Wilson, C. (2013). Couples and Diabetes: A 30 Year Narrative Review of Dyadic Relational Research, submission to Contemporary Family Therapy.
- Lister, Z (2013). No Religion/Different Faiths (as a risk for divorce). In (Eds.) Emery, R. E. & Golson, J. G., Cultural Sociology of Divorce, Sage Publications.
- Sieber W, Miller B, Kessler R, Patterson JE, Kallenberg G, Edwards T, and Lister, Z, (2012). Establishing the Collaborative Care Research Network (CCRN); A description of initial participating sites to help understand outcomes of collaborative care, 30(3):210-23. doi: 10.1037/a0029637, submission to Family, Systems, and Health.
- Williams-Reade, J. and Lister, Z. D. (2016). Integrating Spirituality into Supervision of Clinicians in the Medical Setting, for Collaborative Family Healthcare Association (CFHA) 2016.
- D.R. Strong, W. J. Sieber, Z.D. Lister, M. Noble, A. Newsome, G. Kallenberg (2015). Understanding cessation among smokers with depression: Linking population to clinical practice. for Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobacco (SRNT) 2015.
- J. S. Funderburk, R. Fielder, G. Beehler, Z. D. Lister, W. J. Sieber, R. Kallenberg, M. Baker, T. J. Meadows, Hosterman (2014). Implementing a primary care behavioral health model of care: How do you evaluate it?, for Collaborative Family Healthcare Association (CFHA) 2014.
- J. Patterson, Z.D. Lister, T.M. Edwards, J.E. Scherger, A.P. Shahtaji, D. Slater, W.J. Sieber, K. Linderman (2014). Family Therapy in Primary Care, for California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) 2014-Plenary.
- Z.D. Lister, W.J. Sieber, K. Lindeman, T. Ikeda, C.B. Morn, E. Albani, B. Fennessey, E. Gregory, J.L. Johnson, G.A. Kallenberg, for Society of Teachers of Family Medicine Practice Improvement Conference (STFM) 2013.
- W.J. Sieber, S. Chammas, G. Kallenberg, Z.D. Lister, J. Schultz, D. Spees (2013). Integrating Behavioral Health Into a PCMH: Practical Implementation Issues, for Society of Teachers of Family Medicine Practice Improvement Conference (STFM) 2013.
- W.J. Sieber, Z.D. Lister, A. Newsome, D. Himeless, S. Sampson (2013). Screening and Management of Depression in Primary Care: Feasibility, Utility, and its Role in Clinical Outcomes, for Collaborative Family Healthcare Association (CFHA) 2013.
- C Freitas, W.J. Sieber, Z.D. Lister (2013). Improving Behavioral Health Access for At-Risk Patients in an Integrative Healthcare Site, for Collaborative Family Healthcare Association (CFHA) 2013.
- Z.D. Lister (2013). Expressed Emotion and Type 2 Diabetes Management among Couples. International Family Therapy Association (IFTA) 2013.
- Z.D. Lister, W.J. Sieber, G. Kallenberg (2012). Building the Behaviorally Enhanced PCMH: The Development and Implementation of an EHR-Based System for the Screening and Management of Depression in Primary Care, for Collaborative Family Healthcare Association (CFHA) 2012.
- Z.D. Lister. (2012) Expanding Collaborative Care: The Role of T-CARE in Primary Care Depression Screening, UCSD.
- J. Rolland; Z. Lister; M. Kelleher; I. Williams; L. Philipson (2011). A Model Program for Integrated Family-Centered Collaborative Care: University of Chicago Kovler Diabetes Center & Chicago Center for Family Health, Collaborative Family Healthcare Association (CFHA) 2011.
- Z.D. Lister. (2011) Targeted Collaborative-Integrative Assessment Response & Empowerment Model (T-CARE) for UCSD Primary Care Behavioral Health Services, UCSD Family Medicine Grand Rounds.
- Well One Clinic, Volunteer Director and Provider for Behavioral Health Services (2016-present)
- Perris 5th Street/Lake Perris Church District, Lay Assistant Pastor and Family Ministries Leader (2014-present)
- Black Hills Health and Education Center, Behavioral Health Research Consultant (2012-2014)
- Health and Development Services International (HANDS), Board Member (2009-2010)
- National Association for the Prevention of Starvation (NAPS), Co-director (2005-2007)
- Del Rosa SDA Church, Youth and Community Outreach Coordinator (2001-2008)
- Norton Neighborhoods Initiative, Loma Linda University Representative (2000-2003)