Viola W. Lindsey, PhD, MSW, ASW
Assistant Professor, Social Work and Social Ecology
Title IV-E Project Coordinator
Department of Social Work and Social Ecology, Office 201E
Loma Linda University
1898 Business Center Dr., San Bernardino, CA 92408
Degrees and Certifications
- PhD, Social Policy and Social Research - Loma Linda University, 2011
- Master of Social Work, Policy, Planning, and Administration - Loma Linda University, 1998
- Certificate in Counseling - University of California, Riverside, 1995
- Certificate in Gerontology - University of California, Riverside, 1995
Areas of Specialization
- Qualitative research
- Social policy
- Child welfare practice/policy
- Ethics in health and mental health policy
- Interprofessional collaboration
Professional Memberships and Licenses
- Associate Clinical Social Worker (ASW), Licensure #10394
- National Association of Social Work (NASW)
- National Organization of Forensic Social Work (NOFSW)
- Society for Social Work Research (SSWR)
- American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- Lindsey, V. History of American Social Work: Pioneers and Challenges. Presented at Loma Linda University, Department of Social Work and Social Ecology, to visiting Japanese students from Osaka, Japan, October 20, 2009; October, 2010; October, 2011; October, 2012 – 2016, recurring.
- Lindsey, V. & Jackson, V. Beyond Cultural Competency: Peeling Back the Layers. Presented at The National Organization of Forensic Social Work (NOFSW) annual conference, Fordham University, Ohio, July 24-26, 2014.
- Lindsey, V., Bliss, W., & Cortez, V. The Social Work Profession: Education and Careers. Presented at Wong Kerlee Conference Center, Loma Linda University, Community Academic Partners in Service (CAPS) Gateway program, July 17, 2014.
- Lindsey, V., Florez, C., Whittle, C., Armistead, M., Freitas, F., Dolores Siegel, D., Ho, H., Moore, L., Garcia, T., Donlon, R., Moore, S., Johnson, K., & Kupfer, G. Theoretical Framework for Leveraging Community Partnerships: From Evidence to Implementation. Presented at California Social Work Education (Cal-SWEC) Summer Institute II, Emeryville, California, June 19-20, 2014.
- Lindsey, V. & Miller, F. An Overview of Loma Linda University (LLUs) MSW Program Admission, Academics, and Field Practicum Requirements. Presented at Orange County Social Services Agency, Orange, California, October, 2010; October, 2011, October, 2012, October 2013 (Annual Recurrence).
- Jackson, V. & Lindsey, V. Interdisciplinary Relationship between Pharmacy and Social Work. Presented at Loma Linda University, School of Pharmacy, April 13, 2012, April 2013.
- Jackson, V. & Lindsey, V. Careers in Health and Social Work Practices. Presented at Sherman Indian High School, Riverside, California, October 31, 2012.
- Lindsey, V. An Overview of Loma Linda University (LLUs) MSW Program Admission, Academics, and Field Practicum Requirements. Presented at Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS), Pasadena, California, October 23, 2012.
- Lindsey, V. Interdisciplinary Collaboration: Research on How Child Welfare Social Workers and Law Enforcement Collaborate to Investigate Child Abuse. Presented at The 29th Annual Conference of the National Organization of Forensic Social Work (NOFSW). Presented at Baltimore, Maryland, April 16, 2012.
- LLU Service Learning Committee – Institute for Community Partnerships (ICP) (2012-present)
- Public Child Welfare Training Academy (PCWTA), Member (2011-present)
- CalSWEC, Title IV-E Project Coordinators committee member (2011-present)
- University-County CalSWEC Title IV-E Stipend Program Collaborative (Riverside and San Bernardino Counties) (2011-present)
- Trauma Informed Curriculum selection committee, CalSWEC (2015)
- Students in Mission Services (SIMS) – Sri Lanka (2014)
- New Model for Field Instructions Committee – California Social Work Education (CalSWEC) Title IV-E Stipend Program (2012-2014)