G. Victoria Jackson, EdD, EdS, MSW, LCSW
Assistant Professor, Social Work and Social Ecology
Department of Social Work and Social Ecology, Office 201C
Loma Linda University
1898 Business Center Dr., San Bernardino, CA 92408
Degrees and Certifications
- EdD, Education - La Sierra University, 2012
- EdS, Education Specialist - La Sierra University, 2007
- Master of Social Work - University of Michigan, 1972
Areas of Specialization
- Gerontology - successful aging
- Child welfare - transitional foster youth
- Human trafficking
Professional Memberships and Licenses
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- National Association of Social Work
- American Society of Aging
- National Association of Christian Social Workers
- International Association of Adventist Social Workers
- Inland Association for Continuity of Care (IACC)
- October 2016. "Patients." Presentation to students visiting from Osaka Jikei College in Japan. San Bernardino, CA.
- September 2016. "Working with Patients with Dementia." California State Association of Public Administrators, Public Guardians, and Public Conservators Training and Certification Conference. Riverside, CA.
- September 2016. "Communicating with Older Adults: How Aging May Affect Communication." California State Association of Public Administrators, Public Guardians, and Public Conservators Training and Certification Conference. Riverside, CA.
- 2015. "Social Work Challenges for the 21st Century." Keynote Speaker for the San Bernardino Chapter of National Association of Social Workers Social Work Month Banquet. Ontario, CA.
- 2015. Dual Degree/Gerontology Student Poster Presentations. "Sex and the Senior, Health Living, and Healthy Eating." Pacesetters Club for Seniors at Kansas Avenue SDA Church. Riverside, CA.
- 2014. "Anger Management Interventions." Drug Alternative Program. Grand Terrace, CA.
- 2014. "Empowerment Evaluation." Council on Social Work Education Conference. Tampa, FL.
- 2014. "Social Work as a Profession." Loma Linda University CAPS Campus Event. Loma Linda, CA.
- 2014. "Blue Zone Strategies for Healthful Living for Caregivers." American Society on Aging Conference. San Diego, CA.
- 2013. "Stress Management." Kansas Avenue SDA Church. Riverside, CA.
- 2013. "Blue Zone Principles for Families." Adventist Family Ministries. Monterey, CA.
- 2012. "Resources for Seniors." Pacesetters Club for Seniors at Kansas Avenue SDA Church. Riverside, CA.
- 2012. "Cultural Differences and Considerations in Caregiving for Dementia Patients." Care Partner Support Group, Loma Linda University, Behavioral Health Institute. Loma Linda, CA.
- Loma Linda University International Behavioral Health Trauma Team, Member - Sierra Leone (2015, 2016), Kiev, Ukraine (2015), Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, South Dakota (2014), Trinidad-Tobago (2013), Belize (2011), Haiti (2004)
- Silent Praise Anointed - ASL song signing at Kansas SDA Church (2006-present)
- Newbold Councillors - Newbold College outreach and planning for future organization (2000-2014)
- Youth tutoring at Kansas Avenue SDA Church (2010)
- Silverlake Youth Board, Member (1999-2004)
- Touch of Class Skills for African American females (2000)
- Drama Team Member - Celebration Church, Colton, CA (1990-1994)