Allison Maxwell, MSW, LCSW
Assistant Professor, Social Work and Social Ecology
Behavioral Health Institute, Office 2414
1686 Barton Rd., Redlands, CA 92373
Degrees and Certifications
- PhD student at Institute for Clinical Social Work, 2014-present
- Master of Social Work - Loma Linda University, 2008
- Certificate, Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy - Los Angeles Institute and Society for Psychoanalytic Studies, 2011
Areas of Specialization
- Psychodynamic/psychoanalytic psychotherapy
- Long term work
- Personality disorders
- Working with adults and older adults
- Individual psychotherapy
Professional Memberships and Licenses
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (California), #29027
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW), Member
- American Association for Psychoanalysis in Clinical Social Work (AAPCSW), Member
- Institute for Clinical Social Work. "Analyzing qualitative data utilizing a case study method." 2016.
- Institute for Clinical Social Work. "Case Presentation of Freud’s "Dora" patient, utilizing Fairbairnian (Object Relations) Theory." 2015.
- Loma Linda University Department of Psychiatry, Grand Rounds. "The role of social work in the medical setting." 2015.
- Loma Linda University Department of Psychiatry, Child Clinic. "Therapy with Children and Kleinian Theory." 2015.
- MITHS (Minority Introduction To the Health Sciences). "Overview and career opportunities in the field of social work." 2014.
- Supervisor to non-licensed MSWs (2014-present)
- Program development at the Behavioral Health Institute (outpatient support groups including Depression and Anxiety Group) (2014-present)
- Sister Sister Animal Rescue, President and Co-founder (2013-present)