Michelle A. Minyard-Widmann, MS, CCLS
Program Director, Child Life Specialist MS
Assistant Professor, Counseling and Family Sciences
Department of Counseling and Family Sciences
Loma Linda University, Griggs Hall, Office 115
11065 Campus St., Loma Linda, CA 92350
Degrees and Certifications
- MS, Child Development/Child Life - University of La Verne, 1995
- Certificate, National Bereavement Facilitator II - American Academy of Bereavement, 2000
- Certificate, Child Life Specialist - Child Life Council, 1999
Areas of Specialization
- Child development
- Stress and coping in the hospital environment
- Grief and loss
Professional Memberships and Licenses
- Child Life Council
- Child Life Certifying Committee - Ethics Committee
- Coleader of Graduate Accreditation Task Force
- Association for Play Therapy
- November 2016. Child Life in China: A Partnership with The Children’s Hospital at Zhejiang University. Loma Linda University Health, Oak Glen Fellowship.
- September 2016. The Children’s Hospital, Zhejiang University Medical School.
- Navigating the Child Life Council Certification.
- Growth and Development of the Hospitalized Child.
- August 2016. Navigating the Child Life Council Certification. UCI Medical Center: Intern Symposium.
- April 2016. Child Life in China: A Partnership with The Children’s Hospital at Zhejiang University. Loma Linda University, Department of Psychiatry. Grand Rounds Presentation with BHi Shares.
- 2015. The Children's Hospital, Zhejiang University Medical School, China. Minyard-Widmann, M., Brain, A., Kinsinger, R., Poidmore, T. "Working with Families Experiencing Grief."
- 2014. The Children's Hospital, Zhejiang University Medical School, China.
- November 2014. Minyard-Widmann, M., Camp, C., Garcia, A, Kim-Arredondo, A., Macaluso, A. Therapeutic Play and Literature Review.
- March 2014. Minyard-Widmann, M., Saavedra, A. Pediatric Pain and Psychosocial Interventions.
- March 2014. Minyard-Widmann, M., Saavedra, A. Medical Play in the Hospital Environment.
- March 2014. Minyard-Widmann, M., Saavedra, A. What is Child Life: Brief Overview of the Field.
- The SURF (The Sustainable University of Redlands Farm) (2015-present)
- Coleader for Girl Scout Troop #2118 (2014-present)
- Volunteer PTA member at Kimberly Elementary (2013-present)