Ian P. Chand, PhD, MS, MA
Program Director, Clinical Mediation Certificate
Professor, Counseling and Family Sciences
Department of Counseling and Family Sciences
Loma Linda University, Griggs Hall, Office 204
11065 Campus St., Loma Linda, CA 92350
Degrees and Certifications
- PhD, Rural Sociology - Pennsylvania State University, 1980
- MS, Rural Sociology - Pennsylvania State University, 1973
- MA, Religion - Andrews University, 1969
Areas of Specialization
- Christian family therapy
- Family law and ethics
- Family mediation
- Sociology of the family
Professional Memberships and Licenses
- American Association of Christian Counselors
- Association for Conflict Resolution
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- “Ultimate Happiness,” A Sermon at the Church of the Open Door, Colton, CA. October 18, 2014.
- “Finding the Love of Your Life: A Christian Perspective,” Indonesian SDA Church, Mira Loma, CA. February 21, 2014.
- “Embrace the Past and Empower the Future,” Sri Lanka. December 2, 2013.
- “A Seminar on Prepare-Enrich Training,” CARE Counselors, Inc., San Bernardino, CA. May 17, 2013.
- “ A Graduation Address for Consecration,” at Spicer Memorial College, Pune, India. March 2013.
- “Emotional Style and Christian Leadership,” A presentation to pastors and church administrators of World Evangelical Alliance, Sri Lanka at Colombo, Sri Lanka. November 2012.
- “A Seminar on Adjustment of Immigrant Families to Canada” and a “A Seminar on Parenting,” Vancouver, Canada. November 4-6, 2011.
- “A Course on Cross --Cultural Family Counseling,” at Canadian University College, LaCombe, Canada. June 6-8, 2011.
- “A Seminar on Prepare-Enrich Training,” CARE Counselors, Inc., San Bernardino, CA. February 11, 2011.
- Founder, Volunteer President, and Board Member of CARE Counselors, Inc. (2009-present)